What is a good thing to do on a first date? Age appropriate wise?

What kind of things/what kind of places are the best for a first date? Bare in mind that I am 22 so going to the mall or going to the cinema is something that I am trying to avoid for a first date this time round. I do know plenty of people around my age that will still do that on a first date but I would rather do that casual stuff once I have become more comfortable with the girl.

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe an afternoon date -- lunch + walking; outdoor events (every city has them every week); museums; outdoor concerts; etc. I have been on dates to wine tastings; food tastings; flea markets; farmers markets; sports events; boat rowing; picnics, etc. Even took a limo out just see the changing foliage in New England.

What Girls Said 1

• A nice restraunt...let me be clear. McDonalds is NOT ok...Olive Garden, or Applebee's IS okay. also having a nice picnic in a field or park is a good idea if you are a little low on cash. Good luck :)

What Guys Said 2

• maybe a coffee shop or something its a neutral place

• A coffee shop is good if you can keep the conversation going. Extroverted people love to chat and open up so it really depends on your / her personality type. The first date is all about getting to know each others' likes, habits, views / stances, and what ever.