Have you ever settled for less?

So their is this guy that I've been getting close with because he's close to my step brother. I know in my heart that I would never be with him, but because we've getting so close I really feel comfortable around him. I feel like no matter how much I don't want to be with him, I do want to be with him. Its like, I know he's not good for me but because I never really had a boyfriend I like the feeling of being around someone. I feel protected but he is just not a good guy!

Has anyone ever dealt with something like this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure, when I was young and vulnerable to wanting the attention of a guy, I was attracted to guys that were not going to be good for me. Luckily it never panned out and I always ended up with guys that were good for me on most levels and just overall decent guys.

So, you need to really focus on why you are craving his attention and also on what makes him not a good guy in your opinion. If he does things that are not cool, illegal or mean spirited, well trust me, he can turn on you one day. In fact, you can bet the person who would get the worst treatment would be you. It is always those that are closest that get kicked the hardest.

So, you really need to find a way to break this spell you are under and face reality. The more you romanticize this guy and feel "protected" by him, the more likely you are to do something you will regret.

What Guys Said 2

• If you feel you're settling, don't do it. It'll come up sooner or later.

• what makes this guy "not good"?

What Girls Said 1

• you shouldn't date him. you shouldn't ever have to settle for someone. if you like someone enough to be your friend than that's really all they should be. I could never settle because I'm just the type who shows when they are not interested. I can't help it. id be the worst girlfriend ever if I settled. if you know he is not right for you, then that's that. no if ands or buts about it. you know your decision and it should be final.