Why is it so hard to get a date or get noticed?

People say I'm pretty and cute, so why is it so hard to get a date or to be noticed? My guy friends say that I'm to quiet or I'm always reading and that's why I never get approached. I would approach a guy if I thought they would go for it but nobody ever seems that interested. I'm shy at first but once you get to know me I'm fun and loud. If I'm so "cute and pretty" then why is this so hard? I just want to have a chance to find a nice guy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Chances are you really are getting noticed, but I'm willing to bet that guys just aren't getting any vibe from you that you're interested. I tend to not show any signs of interest until I get some indication that I'm not wasting my time, because unless she's wearing a ring, there's no way to tell if she's in a relationship or not and that's not something I want to encounter.

I'm always reading, too, and I never get approached either. But would you approach someone who's reading, who you don't know, without any other reason than to strike up conversation? What if they're studying for a huge test or paper? I wouldn't want to interrupt that, so in that sense it's understandable why someone doesn't get approached when reading, despite all of the hype saying "meet people in cafes, book stores, libraries" etc. It seems more unusual circumstances need to be in place.

Personally, you've got a few things going for you - you're attractive, a hockey fan, and better yet, you're a Sabres fan. And we Sabres fans are very passionate about our team! Go to Party in the Plaza if you get a chance - tons of possibilities to meet people! Or go to a sports bar, get some dinner, and maybe the guy for you will show up out of the blue. I don't know you or how you portray yourself in public, so it's kind of hard to give you anything concrete to go on, but one thing I can say, with certainty, is that I wish you luck! :)

Oh, and Sabres game this Friday? I can't wait :D

• I know me too the begining of the season kindof threw me off with the regular games overseas but I'm so excited for the game and better yet Fridays my birthday. They have good timing :)

What Guys Said 5

• Looking at your pictures, I would say you are VERY cute. It's not your looks that are the problem.But if you want to get approached you have to participate. Smiling at the guys; eye contact; a little flirting; spreading a little sweetness around will go a long way.

It's easier for guys if the situation seems more inviting.

• Yeah you gotta give us some signs if you want us to do the approaching. Smile at us say hello even, if you want quicker results you really gotta just put yourself out there and approach us. It can just be casual too just to break the ice like don 't I have you in this class or haven't I seen you here.

• You're worrying about it too much. Try trying something new with your looks. Something that no one is used to. And try not reading around social areas. Do it at home. And try smiling a guys you like.

Then watch the guys flow in.

Dnt be too bad now ;p lmao

• Guys are probably too intimidated to approach you, or they think you have a boyfriend.

You'll have to make yourself more approachable. Make eye contact, smile at guys, and if you wear headphones, stop!

BTW, you look adorable.

• Way cute! It might be just because of your looks, smile and wave. Look like you want to be talked to.

What Girls Said 2

• I know what you mean, my friends say I'm so cute and yet I can't get a date either. I mean I guess the thing you could do is approach guys that you are interested in them and start building friendships and take it from their. If they don't come to you, you go to them, besides if you are cute and pretty then they will find it hard to say no. Just go for it, invite them to the library to look at picture books, you'll find the right date...

• I always think of it this way: There is this guy I like and I walk past him every single day, I would not make eye-contact or even show him I'm remotely interested in him. This guy walks past me every day and he will never know that I think he's beautiful. This goes to show you that maybe you are getting noticed but no one is saying anything. You are a pretty girl and one day, your time will probably come. Just...talk more with males...develop friendship if you are too shy to flirt. Lightly shed away some of the shyness.