Is kissing on the first date a bad Idea?

I just went on a first date with my friend who I've known for six months and I decided to kiss her at the end of our date. She gave me gum while driving back from diner so I thought she was hinting to me, but after I kissed her she wouldn't look at me and just said good night and she got out of the car...I just don't know. She said she forgives me, should I just let her come to me next time? Am I being to aggressive? I am a really shy guy so kissing her for the first time felt like the death of me, but she seemed so shocked.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ah man! Props to you for taking initiative for the kiss, those kinds of things are really hard to judge. Personally, this is what I do. If you have been making a lot of physical contact during the date (not like groping or anything, but like she rubs up against you a lot, places her hand on your arm a bunch, that kind of thing) I might go for the kiss. If she seems more restrained, I'd just go for the hug at the end of the first date.

If she goes on a second date with you though, I'd go for at least a peck on the cheek! To be safe though, just default with the hug. It lets you know you have affection for her without being too aggressive.

• It never occurred to me to kiss her on the cheek...im terrible. what's funny is that I felt she was calling me out by calling me shy...then I just just decided to do it.(maybe she had it coming)

What Girls Said 2

• A kiss on the check is always a safe bet. For some reason it makes us girls all giggly later on when we tell our friends =]

• she said she forgives you for kissing her? that's not good...

but if's great you took the initiative

What Guys Said 1

• She forgives you?! For what, doing exactly what an interested girl would want you to do at the end of a date? There's nothing wrong with giving her a kiss at the end of a date (even the first date); my only advice is that you should do that when you drop her off at her doorstep, not while you're still in the car. If she's acting shocked and confused, it's probably because her interest in you is low. Her response when you ask her out for date #2 will tell you what you want to know.