If a girl asks you on a date and wants to pay for you, what would you do?

Please mention if you are shy or not .

Would you date her if you don't like her just because you are shy ?

And if you date her for any reason ( whether you like her or not ),

will you let her pay for you ?

And , do you think the girl is too much into him to ask a shy guy and pay for her ?

What is your views ? ( Both guys and girls )

• I would go on a date and let her pay
  • I would go on a date only if I pay
  • 50 -50 split
  • I won't date her
  • I would want to pay but I won't care much

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm Asian and therefore- I come from the brand of people who PUSH EACH OTHER DOWN as they rampage to the front to pay. Who start thacking each other with wallets and purses to pay (lightly, most of the time), who sneak off the instant the food arrives, without eating to pay.

And I hate Chivalry (even when it's good for me), so if I ask you out and I say I wanna pay. YOU'D BETTER LET ME PAY >8O

But personal views aside. I suppose I'm shy, but I would never date someone I didn't like, and I mean that as in the "I don't like you" way. If it's a really close friend and I really don't care one way or another and they know that, then sure, I'd go. You never know what could happen and I've had good experiences in that aspect. If they firmly insist on paying, as in, if I push my way into paying that it'll end up with us both arguing over the bill and neither of us are happy, then I'd let him pay, since being blindly "nice" doesn't always take into consideration the other person's feelings. But I do like a compromise ;)

Rule of thumb, if you ask someone out, at LEAST for the first time. Pay. It's a courtesy.

What Girls Said 8

• Haha well, clearly she likes you..but anyhow..

I would let her pay. I like to pay for my boyfriend.

We tend to do it 50/50, I pay one night, then he pays the next night.

That type of thing..or if one of us is hurting a little..the other one tends to

pick up the bill until the other gets back on track ;)

• I think if a girl asks a guy out she should pay, or if you both want to split then that's fine

But back in the past girls weren't even allowed to ask guys out, so she can't just ask you out and be "traditional" when it comes to paying, that's just wrong

If she really likes you, she would feel guilty if you paid full, especially if she asked you out

• Any self-respecting guy would dump her if she expected him to pay

• I'm pretty shy but I get better and better at handling it.

If a girl is the one to ask you out, I think it's only logical that either she pays or you each pay for yourselves. I would never ask a guy out and expect him to automatically pay for me. That would be extremely odd. And if the date was my idea I'd feel more comfortable paying for at least myself.

But please, for god's sake, don't date someone you don't like. Where will that get either of you? How would you feel if you asked a girl out and she accepted even though she didn't like you? I would never do that to a guy, and I would be really hurt if someone did that to me. After someone goes through all the stress and trouble to approach you and make the first move, don't punish them by leading them on. That's extremely selfish. I don't give a crap how shy you are. Obviously that's the least of your flaws.

• I mean, if you're just not sure how much you like her, that's one thing. A date is meant so you can figure that out. But if you consciously don't like her... come one.

If you want a "practice date", you're going to have to be open about that and request it from the beginning. But a girl who has already asked you out for real won't react positively to that, so consider talking to a female friend or something like that.

• And I'm sorry for getting so excited, but I'm really offended by the idea of intentionally using someone with sincere intentions as a practice dummy. Male or female, it doesn't seem very nice.

• It's honestly not that bad when a girl asks to pay for you. My boyfriend and I split 50-50 all the time, and sometimes he pays and on a very rare occasion I grab the check. For me, it's a sign of my independence, and I'm glad that he respects my independence.

• lol let her pay if she wants to, I'd say. I prob wouldn't offer unless I felt like I owed the guy. I'd assume we'd be splitting because I insist on paying my half even when I get asked out by a guy

• either 50/50 or her paying would be fair.

• I would never ask a man out & then ask or expect him to pay.

How tacky is that?

• i always offer to pay, even for my guyfriends, I just hate being in the position having men have to pay for me I feel guilty for some reason, I actually fight with them until I get my way and at least end up paying half the pay

What Guys Said 15

• First, this is coming from a 40-year-old guy...

I've been asked out by girls and have let them pay before, sure. And I'm definitely "old school" in that I'm normally the one doing both, and did struggle a bit to accept it at first. But it's really not a big deal, and several of the women I've dated (or even just gone out with, even as friends) made good money and didn't need to struggle to pay, and wanted to do so, so it was fine.

Honestly, the concept of "the guy pays" comes from a time when women largely didn't work outside the house and thus didn't really have an income. That's not the case anymore, so we guys need to come to grips with the new way of things, and start letting the ladies pay sometimes.

• When I got over the initial shock, I'd check into a hosptial to see if my vital signs are still OK, and to verify I'm not an alien.

Seriously, Chinese women do this all the time. They don't usually have any romantic intentions, it's just friendliness and curiosity as far as I can tell.

• I am not Chinese though :P lol

• The only way I'd let a girl pay for me is if she's treated me like crap before. She can make it up then.

However, if she's been nice to me (which is more than likely the case), I will split it. I'll go on the date to just have fun, and have a good time. As friends. I know she wants more, but if I'm not into her (sub-text: she's not physically attractive), then she's staying in the friend zone unless she shapes up and works on herself.

• I'd order the lobster, then feel I owed her and give her oral. Maybe even sex if she said I was especially handsome.

• 1. I'm very shy, particularly around girls I like.

2. If a girl asked me out and wanted to pay, assuming I was interested in her as well, I'd agree. I'd offer to pay, but if she really wanted to pay, I'd let her. I'd be flattered that a girl thought so much of me that she wanted to pay for a date just to try and win my affections. I think it'd be really sweet.

• Sorry, hit "Submit" when I meant to hit Edit.

1b) No, I wouldn't date her just because I'm shy. If I'm not into a girl, I'm not into her. I'm not going to waste her time or mine pretending otherwise.

2b) I'm assuming you mean that she'd ask him out and pay for HIM? In that case, no, I don't think she's "too into him". Guys try to start relationships by asking girls out on dates and paying for them all the time; why should girls not be allowed to do the same?

• When I was shy, I would try to pay

Today, I respect the woman's wishes, even though they can use this as ammo when grumpy just like men can

No dates, shy/otherwise if I didn't like her - other things to do

• I'm shy but that's not why I would date her. I would want to pay for at least part of my meal I feel uncomfortable when somebody is paying for me and I have money. I don't think a girl can be too much into a guy just because she asks him on a date and offers to pay for him.

• I'm shy and if I had a good reason why I didn't like her I wouldn't go, but ill most like give it a shot, because if I ask a girl out I would hope she gives me a chance so it's the least I can do. I would insist once on paying but if she still wants to pay I won't push it. And I don't think she's too into me for asking to pay

• 1. I am shy

2. If I don't like her then I won't date her. Just because I am shy it doesn't mean I will go out with just anyone. I have had girls ask me out in the past. Some I accepted and some I didn't.

3. Well me personally, if she asked me out I would WANT her to pay just to see how she goes about the whole ''guy should always pay'' situation. (Notice I didn't say EXPECT her to pay. Us guys are the ones who are expected to pay). However, if she was actually gonna pay for me I would argue it down to AT LEAST a 50/50 split because I would feel guilty if the girl paid for me.

4. Not sure if I understood your last question but if the girl asked me out and asks me to pay for her then I would think she is either trying to take advantage of me (whether she still likes me or not) or she expects me to way, even if she's the one who asked me out.

• I'd walk out on her.

Jokes lol, anyway, um, I think I'm shy...?

In all seriousness, I'd definitely offer to pay full or try to convince her that we should at least split the price evenly, but if she's gonna keep insisting that she wants to pay full, then whatever...

• We'd fight over it.

• I am shy. I would not date her if I don't like her. I think 50-50 is fair

• I'd offer to pay for at least myself cause I want to be fair. But if she insists over and over, then whatever. I'd at least want to pay for the next.

• yes I would let her pay, but that lower my chances of getting laid

• I almost always do that. I think women want dates more than men usually.