Online dating?

Should people date online? Do the relationships work out? How do you make an on line relationship work if the people live on opp sides of the country from each other?

Most Helpful Guy

• From what I seen, online relationships rarely work out in the long run. Most of the time people who date online stay within their city limit, or same state at least. Since your 18 or younger, most guys your age who are on there wouldn't be looking for the type of relationship that your referring to.

In my opinion, I believe the majority of relationships that occur online are just meant to work out as short term flings. On average, only a small portion of relationships are actually meant to be. Im sure it's possible though, just not likely because of all the choices you have to choose from.

Overall I think your better off with just trying real life dating. Your young and I'm sure there's guys out there who want to date you and have a real relationship rather than an online one.

What Guys Said 4

• Call me old school but I was never comfortable with online dating. Don't know why but I am a very visual person who needs to see the other person, their expressions, their eyes, their smile. There are so many visual clues in face-to-face conversations which are all lost in an email.

As for whether I believe that online relationships could work out. If we can put a man on the moon then I am certain that people could nurture an online relationship into a blooming real life romance.

. Long distance is difficult though. Worst case scenario is that perhaps you gain a friend for life in another city.

• I've done on-line, long-distance dating, and made it work. But it does require two mature people who want to make it work. It doesn't seem to be good for casual dating. I believe at your age, you would be much more successful dating guys conventionally. Being so young, you have a lot of guys to choose from! Face to face meetings usually do work better.

• I've known quite a few people who were successful with meeting someone online.

But, unless someone is willing to move, they shouldn't try to meet someone who lives far away.

• that's like asking, 'should people meet at bar and clubs? online is way easier, if you actually reply to messages, are not shallow, and actually go out on dates when asked.

What Girls Said 3

• I think it's a matter of personal preference whether or not people should date online. At your age- I don't think it really works out because it takes two very mature people to handle the distance.

• Yea. there is nothing wrong with it. you just have to be careful. Its hard to make any kind of long distance relationship work. I would date online with guys who are local.

• It's completely dependent on the people involved. I've had an on-again off-again online relationship with a guy for about five years. We still haven't met, but we still have feelings for each other. You just have to be open, not limit yourself totally to that person, trust them, and still be able to have fun. Things can work out.