Is it ok to hang out with the opposite sex when...

So Is it ok to hang out with the opposite sex 1on1 when you have a bf/gf?

Most Helpful Girl

• hmmmn that's a tough one. It really comes to the question if a guy and girl can be JUST FRIENDS or not...like between males and females, there's always some intitial attraction especially at this age in college where we want to meet guys and girls see how dating works and such, and its hard to beleive a guy and girl can be just friends. There has to be some kind of attraction that leads you or her to approach each other and become friends, otherwise why else would you care to be her friend, you know what I mean? unless you're short of friends or are anti social and want more buds...if a guy and girl can be just friends they have to overcome a sexual tension somehow, I guess by getting to know each other more and saying okay, she's like a bud, someone I wanna hold onto but in no way am I attracted to her or want anything more...shed be a galpal and if you can explain that to your girlfriend then may be shed understand...

but if you're hanging out with another girl who is just a friend, and your girlfriend doesn't know her, she doesn't know how you guys work or why you both are friends, girls are possessive and she can be thinking "hey how come my boyfriend won't hang with me right now I'm a girl too I can give advice and stuff" so its not a good idea to hang with the opposite sex.

to be honest, most guys are friends with girls, meaning JUST FRIENDS nothing more to get advice, on girls, get experience on how to understand talk to girls, and also my own guyfriends have told me most guys talk to girls because theyre more comfortable talking to them and can relate to them more and also if theyre friends with guys, it gets uncumfy and also competitive, so they rather be friends with girls then guys, they also admit there is some kind of attraction and most of my guy friends are also single. Once you get a girlfriend and settle down, you shouldnt need girl advice or see how girls work and stuff or should need a galpal for hanging out...so you should want to be around your girlfriend more than anyone IF you truly like her...

hope I helped =]

• You know what I totally agree with you. I also feel that there is always that something extra between a male female friendship. And I also agree on that comfort thing and everything else you said. And I also think that once you are in a relationship it's not a good idea. I am 24 btw just so that you know I am in the same age group and agree to the behavior you proposed.

• Yea I completely agree I think most cases you shouldnt hang out with girls 1on1 just keep it to a group thing

What Girls Said 7

• i don't see a problem with it at all. Considering both sexes have more friends that are of the opposite sex . I had a really good buddy come over the other day and we just chilled he knows that I'm happy with my man and were just friends as long as they respect that than its all good. If your in a solid relationship than jelously shouldn't be a factor same with my man he's a bouncer and is around hott DRUNK girls all the time but I don't question it at all. He's proud to say I'm his girl even when I pop into his work so its all good

• Hmmm..this is a tough one.I would say yes but not all women are as open and trusting.I guess it depends on the girl your dating.Maybe if you and your girlfriend hang out with this person together and she doesn't seem threatened this person(s)...it would be okay.But it would have to be a two way street...jealousy kills relationships.Also a woman may say it's fine to do so then when you do feel differently about it.So keeping it a group thing is probally the safest if you like the girl your with.Leaves to much for a girl to think about.

• Yes it is ok. Because you know everyone has plenty of friends that are the opposite sex. Just as long as you and your boyfriend or girlfriend trust each other. If there is no trust and you guys get jealous with one another it won't turn out so pretty. So its perfectly ok

• i think it's wrong...

• I think that anyone who says that it's not okay has trust issues that they should work on.

• definitely depends on the situation. I have always encouraged my boyfriend to have friends of the opposite sex, because I think its healthy. I would not like it if the girl he was hanging out with did not make an effort to get to know me as well. if I felt she did not respect me then I would have a problem with it, but I only date people who I have complete trust in, so for the most part I am fine with it.

• Yeah it is, as long as your boyfriend/girlfriend is comfortable with you hanging out with them and that you are completely loyal to your bf/gf

What Guys Said 4

• I have 2 free columns at college, one I spend with my girlfriend and friends which is usually 2 other lads and 2 other girls, and on my other free its usually me and on other girl / another girl too, one of which is my gf's best girlfriend! My gf's best friend is actually a guy, I don't mind, they've known each other for years so it's just fine and my girlfriend doesn't mind and knows I have other friends who are girls. I don't see what's wrong as long as it's not weird FWB or something stupid!

• Sure. If your partner can't trust you, the relationship is doomed anyway.

• I see your point there

• its okay. But if the person you are dating, or she is dating has trust issues then prepare for the Wo0o0o0o0rst! o.o

• Yes, as long as you remain faithful to your bf/gf