Girls is it really that hard to text a guy first?

In general I heard many guys express this and I have a fitting example.

This girl flirts with me and gives me her number without me asking. She always tells me to text her but never intiates it herself. I will text her sometimes when she asks but I worry I come across as needy, so I won't always. It makes no sense to me that she is confident enough to give me her number but not to text me first.

I have an additional question after reading these answers, if you like a guy do you really care how he starts texting you? my buddies tell me to just say "hey, what's up?" or along those lines

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok I have a question before I asnwer yours: Do you not text a girl (that you like) too often because you don't want to seem as needy?

Ok now to asnwer your question, I have texted a guy first, twice to be exact because I like him and I'm super impatient. Maybe she's following the "guys make the first move" rule. Just text her it will make her day I'm sure

• yeah even though she tells me she wants me to text her I feel like its a bad idea because I would seem needy if I did it too much.

What Girls Said 3

• You won't seem needy trust me. (Unless your texting her like 20 times without a response). She made a forward step by giving you her number, now its your turn to take a step forward. If she has to do all the work she's not going to think you like her.

• haha that makes me feel better that always worried me though my thinking was, I text too much seem needy vs not enough and she thinks I'm not interested.

• it's the same as you, we worry about us coming across as needy. Girls love it when guys text them first because they think most guys don't care.

• I can see your point I suppose but like in my case it seems non-sensicle

• Just text her, but only one text until she responds and she will I promise! oh by the way don't purposely wait an hour to respond that's just ANNOYING!

What Guys Said 2

• easy broo if they don't text you they don't like you. Specially if you have said hi and what not and trying to be friendly.

• first don't call me bro please and second not sure you even read what I wrote. she does text me back and tells me to text her, she just won't text first. There is also other flirting beyond that.

• yeah tell me about it, geeze