How would you react on a first date if?

The guy were to tell you what his intentions were. That he wants to go slow because every other relationship he was in went too fast and it ended up destroying them. That he believes the only way to create a true lasting love is to go slow so that he can learn everything about her and she can learn everything about him. He isn't interested in short flings, one night stands or just getting into your pants; he wants a solid, mutually respectable relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 5

• Girls, how would you react on a first date if The guy were to tell you what his intentions were?

Depends on the intentions.

"That he wants to go slow because every other relationship he was in went too fast and it ended up destroying them"

History of failed relationships on his actions...red flag

"That he believes the only way to create a true lasting love is to go slow so that he can learn everything about her and she can learn everything about him. "

Took him till old age aka 30+ to get this...red flag

"He isn't interested in short flings, one night stands or just getting into your pants; "

He probably had a few or a sh*load of these and is trying to turn over a new leaf...possible red flag since he can just revert to past behave

"he wants a solid, mutually respectable relationship."

You're probably dating younger/much younger so saying that is a plus and the rest will be oh he's looking to take it slow and develop true love and a sold relationship.

If she's your age after saying all of the previous things this will just most likely be...failing relationships due to him repeating the same actions, took him this long to get something simple, probably slutted around, and know he wants a relationships that will take time to develop...I'm 30 and I don't have that time

• Then allow me to preface, yes she is younger AND there are only two previous relationships - both lasted about three years. Never really had short flings or one nighters.

• I would like a guy to be flat out honest with me on the fist date, because that's exactly how I would come off, honest. I like that in a man because I am so sick and tired of lying ass boys and guys that think they are players.so I vote yes.

• Lol alright a yes vote...so I SHOULD go with this or something similar. But what would your immediate reaction be?

• if your feeling it and its the right moment and you think that you can work it in the conversation then go for it. If she seems like she's not diggin you the it can go both ways. might boost you up in serious honesty points or come off too strong, my imediate reaction would be a smile, because I care about being open and honest in anything so why not start off that way in a date, but the way mentioned above.

• not a good idea to throw all that out on a first date... you can hint at things, but throwing all that on the table can scare her away, making her think that she's going to be your 'test theory' for this 'taking it slow thing'..

on the other hand, it might wrap her round your finger..

personally, I wouldn't be making the first call after that date..

• if he just said "i wanna take things slow" then my reaction would be "ok"

• Well, I wouldn't stop with just that. I'd spell the whole thing out.

• Lol, so a positive response? I guess what I'm more wondering if you would feel quite a bit more at ease, especially if the guy was older.

• yeah I'd feel better about it. but since I'm in high school and most people there just automatically become boyfriend and girlfriend, just actually going on a date make me feel better.

• If a guy said that I'd ask when the wedding was.

Totally kidding.

But seriously, I wish I could find a guy like that.

What Guys Said 3

• That's called a GENUINE guy in my dictionary. You should be happy that he is not one of those playboy kind of guy unless you're looking for someone like that. Going slow always leads to a nice healthy and a long relationship.

• If you feel pressured, than you're probably not suitable for his needs/wants. You're comfortable, you're probably in a good place relationshipmaturewise for it to work out. I say bravo. Its a good thing.

• The first date is a LITTLE early to be talking about that, but he still did the right thing by letting you know exactly where he's coming from and what he expects.