Girls, which guy would you pick and why?

So there are two guys; A and B. Both are of average looks. Now here are some distinguishing factors.

A - higher intelligence, taller, better physique than B. Makes you laugh all the time and for the most part is a gentleman.

B - richer, better fashion sense and more confidence than A. Makes you laugh but not as much as A, not quite a gentleman.

And here is your history with them;

A - been good friends for a while, nearly a year. Never done anything intimate.

B - used to be good friends, had some intimacy and then you stopped talking.

And now the scenario;

You're at a small party, A is making you laugh as usual, B is fairly quiet. As the night goes on B begins to talk to you, A is still managing to put you in hysterics at ease.

Now the question;

Who would you go for and why?

Would you go for both and it just depends on who makes the first move?

Or would you avoid A because they make you laugh too much?

Or would you avoid B because of your history?

Etc...

This may or may not be based on personal experience. I'm interested to see what you all think.

Thanks for your input, guys are free to analyse and answer as well.

Your answers are all very interesting. The majority of you go down the route of what common sense dictates and you chose A. However, this was in fact something that happened to me just the other week, and the girl picked B. I think the anonymous poster confirmed my suspicions about it coming down to B making the first move.

Most Helpful Girl

• A. I like the idea of ending up in a relationship with a friend. Plus I like smart funny guys. B sounds more like a snobbish guy with family money...no offense to B. Plus if we just hooked up and he ditched me that isn't cool either. If A didn't make a move though and B did I may end up going for B, because if A didn't make a move I would think he isn't interested. I would not avoid him if he is funny though.

If I am close friends with a guy I may like him already.

What Girls Said 11

• If only I could fuse A and B together...

I like the sound of A, except for his superfluous humour. I don't like people who make light of every situation. As for B, he sounds fine, except a lot of the time, confidence = arrogance in men. I would be happy to be conversing with A, but I would probably not be expecting anything; if he treats everything with such dismissive humour, why should I be any different?

I would never be intimate with someone unless I we were in a relationship and it was serious, so I can't really say that history with B would work for me. In reality, I would probably shun both of them, and go home and read fanfiction. Reality's always weird.

• Well, I'm going to start by telling you, I'm person A. I don't take everything lightly, I'm just a funny bastard. Hell, my mates sometimes say I take everything too seriously - I'm the 'father figure' of the group.

• A seems like the longer lasting option especially if you say me and B previously broke it off. In the scenario I'd probably nether avoid nor approach B, whatever happens, happens.

• I'd go for A. Sounds exactly like my best guy friend, even the whole "known each other for a year" part :) And I love him, soo...yeah, A :)

• A 4 sure!

just because he is clearly a better guy than B,and our relationship has a better shot @ working out cause we were friends first:)

• Guy A. If a guy can make me laugh, that's a good start, and if he's an all-around nice person (or a gentleman), that's also a plus. The history with B would make me hesitant to pursue anything serious, and being rich and having a better fashion sense means nothing to me at the end of the day. Intelligence and humour are infinitely more important to me.

• Because I'm more of the shy type, I would probably stay away from guy B. After having a bad history with him, I wouldn't want to bring up any conflict, especially if I'm having an awesome time with Guy A. Plus, I'm attracted to guys who are smarter. I'm an all A student in my school and if I don't have anything to talk with him about, then I'm not going to have a good relatioship with him. Morally, it also seems like Guy A would be the better choice.

• A, obviously! You can still develop a higher level of intimacy with A, and you don't have the dramatic history. And who cares about B being richer or having better fashion sense? That doesn't contribute to your relationship.

• A by far, seems like my type.

• I would most likely go for B, because I find it hard to make a relationship with someone if you've never had any type of intimacy of flirtatiousness.

No.

I wouldn't avoid either of them

• A definitely

• I'd go for A, no question about it. He's smart, shares my sense of humor, and knows how to treat a lady, and since I know him and know we're on good terms, why not?

As far as B goes, if we had something going in the past that ended, it probably ended for a reason, and I tend to feel awkward or on edge to at least some degree around my past flings.

What Guys Said 1