How would you feel about going on a date with someone who carries a gun?

How would you feel if a person you found out that the person you were dating carried a gun (assuming they had a permit/license).

I carry a gun because I regularly handle large amounts of cash for my work as well as there are regular stabbings/fights/assaults at a bar I can see from my window.

Most Helpful Girl

• i would ask him if I could borrow it :)

What Girls Said 4

• I'd feel nervous/scared that it could go off at any point. It can happen. But at the same time in some way I'd feel protected near that person.

This person carrying a gun must be carrying it for a reason, to protect themselves most likely. Then again there are other ways to protect oneself without involving a gun.

• Guns don't just go off out of no where. A hammer/sharp object has to hit the back of the bullet to make it go off. That's assuming that he has one in the chamber.

Do you ever hear cops guns just going off out of no where?

• Guns aren't complicated to operate. Anyone with a basic knowing of how to handle a gun knows how to carry it and keep it from dropping. It wouldn't go off anyways. The bullet needs something to hit it with a enough force to light the gun power to make it go off. I'm not really all knowing about bullets and guns. But I know enough.

• Alright, sorry I was mistaken.

• honestly, I don't agree with guns at all. I understand that it is for safety reasons, but guns are a total turn-off for me. I'm not going to think you're a bad person or anything because you're not, but I personally wouldn't date someone who carries a gun. If I were in danger, I would sooner move away than get a gun. But that's my opinion :)

• It depends on the reason he carries the gun for.

• Why the -1 :(

Then it would make sense for that reason. Although I would still be kinda nervous around it... but I'm not that pro gun anyways...

• well, I would be scared and maybe nervous. But at the same time I feel protected.

What Guys Said 4

• Wouldn't bother me about the gun part, but I would wonder (since it's a woman) if she had a bad experience in the past ...like rape. At least that's something that I would think about, and then knowing me that would be one of the first questions I'd ask her. Still doesn't bother me, just sayin'.

• I have an ar-15 carbine loaded with an illegal 30 round mag by my bed at all times so that wouldn't bother me.

• That's fine with me.

• Sure why not? I live in a neighbor where it should be a necessity lol.