How to start up another texting conversation?

I'm texting this guy I don't know very well. Conversation ended the other night and I wanted to text him again and start another conversation. Thing is we don't know each other that well and I'm not sure how to start off the text. Advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• ask him how is day went...tell him how your day went. Ask him what ever comes to mind

What Guys Said 1

• A simple 'hey' works with me.

What Girls Said 1

• Well, you could play it safe and pick topics pertaining to his interests. Is he on any sports team or club? You can start off with "So I heard you were on the ____ team/club. How is it? Is it fun?" If that happens to work and he responds with for instance "Yeah, I'm on the football team", you can slowly ease the convo into a flirtatious zone, involving "Oh, I never tried to play" or "Maybe you could teach me sometime (;" etc. Or maybe it's a bit too early for that. Haha. Long story short, just think of any questions (not too personal! at least, not yet) to ask. Fun questions. Don't ask about how his homework is progressing. :P GOOD LUCK!