Would you date an occultist?

Would you date a practitioner of the occult? Or indeed anyone who spells magic with a K.

Most Helpful Guy

• yes,but I Prefer to date you,because you are so mysterious to me.

What Girls Said 10

• Duh. =P

• so long as they knew what they were doing with the spells etc so things wouldn't backfire or go wrong. I would be iffy if they did any seances with evil spirits but white magic and spells would be just fine by me. I'm sensitive to spirits and attract them without meaning to. I just don't want the person I date to attract bad ones on purpose if that makes sense

• as long they use the power for good

white magic

• agreed. I have considered doing some white magic before but haven't yet because I feel I would need to be better educated about it so I wouldn't do it wrong and have bad stuff happen. but I consider myself new age and have dowsed and communicated with spirits before so it's not too far out of my comfort zone

• Sure why not! Sounds like Fun! ; )

• Yeah, maybe. I'm not really familiar with any of it so I guess he'd have to educate me on it a bit and then it would depend on how he'd feel with me possibly not agreeing with/believing in it.

• Yeah I have friends that are into that, they are perfectly normal too. I don't do that kind of thing but it wouldn't affect my relationship with him unless he did something stupid.

• i for one wouldn't care if he or she was an occultist since I am one (my husband doesn't care that I am ither)

• no!

• depends...don't know much about it.

• I would date Criss Angel, or David Blane. Does that count?

• Thats magic without a k! Hahaha

• Yes, I like to try new things. I would choose to be in Gryffindor, by the way, and we are adventurous! =D

• Mindfreak =)

• Hell no.

What Guys Said 21

• Nope.

My upbringing and career gives me perspective on these specific things; I've studied about these things, and come to a conclusion - one generally skeptical of most things occult.

One part of my background being a Christian. However, while, say, many of my general faith can be hateful of occult practitioners, I simply do not agree with them; I just don't believe. I don't hate them unless they're clearly being unethical.

Many people absolutely hate certain things, but without doing any real research into it. I come from a background that says try to find out more and at least make an informed opinion.

Now, saying there was a relationship with someone who was hardcore into the occult, it's a thought process that seems completely different from mine, just as if a person were to flop on the floor and speak in tongues. I'm not "equally yoked" with either. I probably wouldn't be great around a peppy morning person, either. It might wear me out ;).

But, since I've found talking about the occult almost always garners angry fights, I'm leaving it at that.

• Yeah, I can see how you'd encounter problems that way. Best reason why not yet, I think.

• yes, why discriminate against someone who sounds interesting. of course a ton of people will be against the idea of doing this but those are the people I'd probably not really want to date.

• Interesting people tend to be drawn to each other, for that reason. Which is pretty cool, in the end

• As long as she wasn't a Hot Topic goth I'd be fine, but she better be flippin' awesome because the crap I would get from my mom would be outrageous. Every goat. Every black cat. Every broom. It would never end.

• Ouuchhhhhh. Well, most occultists don't state it publicly, because, well... The Wiccas usually do, but on the other side, Satanists and the like, they generally keep it quiet 'cos you'd like, loose your job and sh*t. So your ma wouldn't find out

• Lmao every goat every broom.

• If they really believe in it, no. Think 'magick' exists? Prove it. In fact if you prove it to James Randi link , you get a million dollar.

• I'm a Wiccan, so totally. I've always been interested in the occult since I was in middle school. So, it's kind of a thing with me. I'm always digging into different rituals and seances and such things of that sort. It would be great to find someone who's also interested in it.

• would see that kind of person as beneath me... I barely have an respect for organized long-lasting culturally relevant religions. why would I tolerate whimsical bs like that

• If I got along with them and we had good chemistry, I don't see how it's different from dating anyone else from a different belief system. In short, yes I would.

• yes- my last girlfriend was a level 85 druid so duhhhh

• Why not? Same as dating anyone else who uses "religious" books looking for meaning, purpose, magic spells, supernatural occurences and whatever else.

To me it doesn't matter. Christian, Zewish, Mormon, Catholic, Greek Orthodox, Russian Orthodox, Lutheran, Shi-ite, Sunni, Shinto, Daoism, Voodoo, Buddhist, Hindu, Wiccan, and whatever other hokey things you can come up with...they're all wrong, but there's at least one smart sexy woman who believes in that crap.

• Duh...I am male...am I not? if she's hot..I date her...

• As long as she didn't cast spells on me when we got in fights, didn't use spells to hurt people, or didn't try to summon any demons I would. I would imagine sex with a witch would be kinda hot lol

• "Would you date an occultist?"

Absolutely not.

• Anything besides hexes and curses lol! XD

everybody knows magic isn't real..but she'd have one nice imagination I bet she'd be a creative type. I think it's pretty wicked!

• No. What if she casts a spell on me ? :-o

• nah that'd be too creepy for me

• Hell yea its hard to find a woman who actually reads and educates herself instead of talking about pop culture and fashion. The only time I would say no is if she was into Satanism, but Ritual and Contemplative Theurgy are A-Ok in my book :)

• were can I find one?

• If they play DnD yes I would!

• Do you play the board games or just the video games. I play things like neverwinter nights every once in a while but I just don't think I could ever do dnd board games.

• I just got into the actual game this past summer. I can't find a group though which sucks. But yeah I also played the first and 2nd baldur's gate

• I considered running one from my house. Like, just buy all the necissary equipment and charge people a small entry fee. Be a good little business, but I don't think the people who run my estate would take kindly to me using the house for that, hehehe

• mr. crowley! what went on in your head?

is that why you're bi?

• No such thing as magic so and I would not

• I'd treat it like any other religion, a load of crap in my opinion. But spelling magic with a k? That smacks of someone who's taking it way too seriously for me. Probably has Aleister Crowley's jock strap and thinks its an artefact of great power or something. The sort who has a Tarot deck they'll swear was spunked on by a hanged corpse.

Magic with a k. Where will it end...

• You have a bad experience?

• "Not all occultists are like that, though. Like, most aren't. "

Maybe. But in my experience, all the ones who spell magic with a k, are like that.

They're the occult equivalent of Star Trek fans calling themselves Trekkers instead of Trekkies. Call it what you want, you're the one wearing the Spock ears you freak.

• It was chosen in the early 20th century to differentiate occult magic from stage magic, which was really popular at that time, y'know, vaudevilles and stuff. It doesn't make sense in the modern age, no, because we had that influx of fantasy in the mid-late 20th century and everyone associates magic with spells and sh*t, but it made sense then. I just added it was a quip, 'cos my question wasn't long enough. JEEZE LOUISE. CHANGE THE RECORD