I'm Unsure About a First Date

The guy I liked asked me out on a date, and I've liked him for a long time, but now I feel weird about going. I've never had a boyfriend or been on a date, so this is all new for me. Is this feeling of doubt normal before going on a first date?

Most Helpful Girl

• yupp its COMPLETLEY normal, I'm 21 and have been on a few dates with different guys and have had 2 boyfriends, and I STILL get this feeling of doubt right before going on a first date with sum1 new, basically in a nut shell its prob just a girls natural way of protecting ourselves.

We see so many girls get hurt, doesn't matter how old grammar school/highschool/college/after college..we always have those crushes that sometimes finally ask us out, but sometimes it doesn't always work out the way we want it to, and seeing that happen to other girls, we prob subconciously think of that in the backs of our head and have this feeling of doubt in response, and for you its prob more only because you've never acutally gone out on one or have had a boyfriend.

But your young, and you know what, you get your tush out there and see this date as a practice run, and if it works and you really like this guy then GREAT, if not and it doesn't turn out what you thought it would be, then trust me you will meet TONSSSSSSSSS of guys in the next few years and he will be history lol so don't worry about it, and go have a good time !

What Guys Said 2

• It's normal to be a little nervous before a date, especially your first date with a new person, and especially before your first date ever.

One of the reasons you might feel weird is that a fantasy has become a reality. All your "what ifs" are racing through your mind.

Think of it as a learning experience. Don't put too much pressure on yourself, or on him. Simply have fun.

• From a guy's perspective... if he asked you out... it also means that he has interest in you... I guess my best advise would be to yourself... don't be afraid to show him the person that you really are. God Bless. =)

What Girls Said 2

• yea see as you go on more first dates you gonna know that its normal, you gonna be a little self conscious too and the little voice in your head is saying " OMG what if he doesn't like me that much, what if we don't talk much , etc.." and ad it go well your gonna forget all about it and just fly over the clouds of happiness

all I wanna say its normal just relax and enjoy it and be yourself

and whenever you start feeling weird remember how much you like him and how awesome is it that you guys are actually gonna go out =)

hope that helps babe (=

• yes...i know how you feel. I've never had a serious boyfriend and I used to be afraid to hang out with guys I like...even if I knew they liked me back. you might be a little uncomfortable at first, but it gets easier.