Talking to this guy on a dating site for two weeks?

I was talking to this guy on a dating site for a two weeks. He gave me his number and then I death in my family and was not on the site for a almost 2 weeks now. Do you think he will be mad that I have not got back to him? Should I message him or text him?

Most Helpful Girl

• You didn't talk for months and months. I'm sure he assumed something came up because chances are you haven't been active on the dating site either.

Just text him saying hello it's Jane (use your name) from OkCupid (use the dating site you used) and say sorry you're only texting him now, you had a family emergency. There's no need to offer more details unless he asks out of genuine concern.

What Guys Said 4

• I'm sure if you explained what was going on in your life he wouldn't mind.

• Just tell him the truth. Honesty is always the best policy.

• He shouldn't be, I'd understand if someone told me that.

• he won't be mad if you tell him why you did that. xD. just text him or message him and explain. I'm pretty sure nothing will go wrong.

What Girls Said 2

• he'll be alright

• To put it bluntly, so what if you didn't chat with this guy for 2 weeks? You had something going on in your life. Don't give someone so much power who you a) don't know and b) aren't even dating yet. Simply say, I had a family issue. If he is understanding he'll reply. If not, move on. Plenty more fish in the sea. You're too young to get this caught up.