Meeting someone on the internet better or worse?

Assuming they have no pictures yet, is meeting someone on the internet, better or worse

I was just reading a question about how a woman is bitter because all she ever gets is sex crazed men. One of the answerers said that she should try meeting men online, without showing them pictures first (and making sure she writes a good enough personality paragraph that gets him interested but not her life story). That way she'd know if he was genuine or not. Looks are a bonus!

So, is meeting someone on the internet, better or worse?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think its good because you get to read about them and the questions about different things is also helpful in the online dating.. I have a degree and prefer professional MEN - and rarely do you meet those types in bars or clubs - as they DONT APPROACH woman - seems only ex cons, thugs and loser types approach woman out - men that WE want to meet are either shy or just chose NOT to approach woman. So I think online dating is great for the professional person you can see who has a degree and who does not.. Recently I have met a great guy on line - we are evenly yoked and both professional - and he makes more $$ than me which is great. And I would NEVER have met him just at a bar or club as he does NOT do that - nor does he approach woman.. He on line dates and is looking for a mate... We are just getting started and its slow motion BUT he is the kind of man I could marry... Wish us luck and good luck to u! and Right I have had sexual responses also from my photo on the date site BUT I just deleted and blocked that guy - no problems and no big deal!

• When was the last time you saw a girl turn down a guy who was successful etc..but wasn't good looking. Women have to be attracted to you and typically it's the "bad guys" with low end jobs.

What Girls Said 2

• worst because people tend to portray themselves better than they actually are 9 out of 10 times

• worse.

What Guys Said 2

• So, is meeting someone on the internet, better or worse? worse, you are only meeting them knowing what they want you to know, not everything or at least more than you might know in a person to person setting. lol @ people who meet someone and don't even recognize them because they got duped by fake pics.

• Women have to take at least some responsibility for sleeping with arseholes, for not taking due diligence in scrutinising potential partners. Honestly, all they'd have to do, is wait say 3 months before giving up sex, spend that time actually getting to know the person and then exercise their critical faculties before taking the relationship to the next stage.

The internet is a red herring. You can meet decent people in person. If you're intent on meeting people online, follow the same advice. For safety reasons obviously you should webcam before going doing that route. There's enough mentalists about, as this site testifies.