What age did you start dating?

I've had crushes since I was as young as 10 ^^ and I had my first date at 14 with a guy I had been friends with for a long time

How about everyone else?

• Under 13
  • 13-15
  • 16-17
  • 18-24
  • 25+

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 22 years old and I have not dated anyone. So, I wouldn't know whether I'll be dating before or after 25 years old. I, however, have some critiques about your question:

1) The distribution of the age for the poll choices are unequal and highly skewed. You accumulated 4-5 years of age group within choice D, whilst only allowing 1 year of age group in choice C.

2) Meaning of dating not clearly defined.

3) There's no option for people under 25 who have not dated.

I wish the question was a bit well-structured. Otherwise it would have been a great question!

• 1. Umm the age ranges I gave are the ones that experts use

2. Depends on what the answerer thinks

3. You can only have 5 results

• Sorry what is the purpose of the expert conducting this experiment? By expert do you mean proper researcher or who?

• Under 13 = Pre-teen years

13-15 = Early teens

16-17 = You are considered a young adult

18-24 = Years where you have fun

24+ = Years where you fully learn who you are and are ready to get serious with your life

What Guys Said 13

• My first date I went to see Blair Witch Project (July 1999, so I was 20), with a girl who had just moved from Edmonton to my city, although her place was a fair distance from mine.. Actually that was the second date, first was at the beach. Although I must admit, she insisted it was not a date. Regardless actual dates soon followed, with different girls that is, after I burned out with the Albertan.

• For the record I should also point when I stopped dating. Last real date was 2001, last time I went anywhere with a girl was 2004 I think.

• It depends on what qualifies as a date. I used to go off to be alone with girls I liked when I was 11 through 13, but it obviously didn't have the same meaning as a serious date. A girl asked me out when I was 14, and we had our fathers drive us to a bookstore and hoped they'd go off to talk about historical fiction together while we had frilly woman's coffee together. I would consider that a date because we did have feelings for each other.

If that criteria doesn't count, my first date where intercourse was a possibility occurred when I was 18.

• F - haven't dated.

• I was 9 when I started seeing Kathleen but we probably never even held hands. We just had a good time together. Mind you when we went on "dates" we went by bicycle.

I was 17 the first time I started dating and kissed her.

I was 23 when I lost my virginity on a date.

I was about 25 when I first dated a guy

And when I first kissed a guy (and I liked it)

• Never been on a date and I am 22

• 25, have never dated.

Most people I'd imagine won't do it until after university, there's just no point to dating in school/university where you are constantly surrounded by eligable potential partners.

• my first date was when I was 24 and we dated for 2 years. I haven't date since then

• I wanted to start when I was 16, and I'm 17 nearly 18 and not had a date yet.

• what I could really consider dating started when I was 19.

• Never have... I'm 22.

• 1st date at 15

• i started dating around 14. it was awesome

• When I learned about what it meant (16)

What Girls Said 15

• I had my first boyfriend when I was 14, but after him I didn't really date again until about 2 - 3 years later.

• I had 3 or 4 "boyfriends" in middle school, but there weren't any actual dates (doing stuff together outside of school events) until I was 15.

• Can't remember when I first started having crushes, but I had my first boyfriend at 13 but I didn't actually care for him that much just wanted attention. Never been on a date and I am 17. FML :(

• Real dates I would say college

• Why don't you consider them real dates?

• To me a date would be if we went out to a movie, dinner or something similar formally. Besides I graduated when barely l16. The only date I had was a homecoming game. Didn't even experience prom. Yup a real dork I know :0

• D: 18-24, I just turned 42 and I had my first date this past Saturday! =D

• when I was about 15 but it was all fun and games so dateing dateing would prabably be when I was 17 18.. lik 3 years ago/..

• I haven't yet at 17, but I choose 16/17.

• 16.

• first date at 18. I was way too immature to consider anything like that before

• Had my first proper boyfriend at 16 and it recently ended.

I think 16-17 is a good time though.

I just feel 13 is a bit too young, or perhaps I'm wrong? :P

• 14, my freshman year of high school was when I had my first boyfriend!

• I was 17

• 17and it wasn't that good.

• 18

• i "dated" in hs, but I wouldn't consider those real dating. so I would say college