Moms of teenage sons should always dress modestly?

Or should it be OK for a mom of a teenage son to sexy outfits, like knee high boots, skin tight pants, thong underwear, belly free tops, as long as she has the body for it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think its inappropriate to dress like that in front of your kid. People will perceive you differently and then this could have a negative impact on your child also.

When you're alone or hitting the town out with friends, then why not dress the way you want? But when you're around your kid at least have enough respect for your child (if not yourself.) to not bare it all.

There is a difference between dressing slutty and then dressing sexy. (If the mother is wearing clothing that compliments her figure (and it still is leaving a lot to the imagination) then that is totally fine.

What Girls Said 8

• She should dress more moderate I'd say - once your a parent, your a major role model for your kids.

Sons have a special connection with their moms - and I'd say a lot of dudes get an idea of the type of women they want to be with who in a way reflect their moms.

If their mom is dressed like a teenage hooker - then I think that would change her son's perspective on women - like he'll seek more of the hookerish looking girls who typically aren't very good women.

Also, with dressing like that comes unwanted male attention - sons are very protective of their immediate females - like sisters and especially their mothers. How stressful and upsetting would it be to constantly keep hearing pervy men, guys his age, guys a little older screaming racy things, or making sexual comments about his mom?

Not to mention the dozens of males who will be trying to hook up with her, or be with her which can get rather troublesome (emotionally,) if mum is having her " I'm losing all my youth and beauty -" crisis -

My brother would get so angry at his friends - our mom didn't dress hookerish - but she has nice style and knows what flatters her modestly - but she's really pretty for her age so when she'd come to get him from school or my bro's friends stayed over, naturally they'd mention something about her.

Anyway, I think modesty in a mom is good. She doesn't have to go all little house in the prarie with the box shaped to the floor pilgrim dress - but she needs to realize that her behavior and how she demonstrates her likeness - has a hefty influence on her children.

• it's one thing to be comfortable and confident about your body, and it's another to dress appropriately. all of those things you listed could potentially be pulled off in an appropriate way, but could also be quite inappropriate.

• If it bothers the son, maybe the mom and son can work it out.

• Feel free, just not at PTA meetings.

• I have a strong feeling this question was kind of adressed to me... lol

• I thought it was too, tbh. Then I saw you answered it. I thought it may have been your soon, and then I saw the age.

• I think it's pretty obvious now that it was him... lol

• People should dress appropriately for different situations, e.i. If she's going out with her gfs it's fine but you shouldn't be wearing really sexy stuff in a place where children will be present, that's not really a good idea.

• they might be moms, but they're still women. so yeah, of course they should

• You mean it should be OK for them to wear those things I've listed?

• yes

• there needs to be a balance. If she is dressing trashy, no. If she is sexy but still decent and appropriate looking-no belly tops, no ass or t*ts totally hanging out, no ass baring skirts, etc, that's fine.

What Guys Said 2

• Well, hey, she has to consider the effect on her son. Will he then relate to slutty girls his own age, since his mom dresses like that? A mother can't just dress for heself; she's a role model, whether she likes it or not.

• Yeah, I think she should dress more moderate.