Love: what do you do when you're scared?

I fell in love with a much older man. We are together and exclusive but here is the tricky part:

I am not sure if my family (or society) will accept it because he is divorced;

and I am scared because I love him too much to let him go ever (for any reason).

I have been in love before but nothing like this. Please someone give me advice... Thank you!

Most Helpful Girl

• if your happy than its all good! Who cares what people think! If this is the real thing, go for it! Love is Love.

Love knows, no age, color, race, hate, or anything. Love opens your heart. Lets you breathe. : )

Your family loves you too, and will be happy for you too. : )

• I hope that they will be happy for me... I just hate letting them down so its been hard for me to be open about the situation thus far

• You tell them that he makes you happy! That this is love. They may not get it. But if he good and time goes by they will see and be happy for you! Plus you must understand---that they care for you alot. So they may think you might not know what your doing. Parents mean well sometimes but they have a hard time letting the children grow up. Plus tell them that there such great parents that you know that you are making the right choice and that the views and ideas are always there with you. : ) ok

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think you should worry about it. Love is love.

(I always say this)- but my sister who is 20 is engaged to a 40 year old (he's never been married before though),and they seem perfectly happy together.

Who cares about what society thinks. The important question is "Are you happy?"

If you spend your life worrying about others, you will never have time to make yourself happy.

• I don't care about society but my family does. As far as I am concerned we are happy and plan on making a life together. How did your family handle your sisters situation?

• Im not really in contact with my family, so I don't know how they feel about it. My guess is they probably don't care much.

My sister definitely has "daddy issues", so I think that could be a cause- but as far as I can remember she's always been attracted to older men. While all the girls were obsessing over Taylor Laughter, she'd be obsessing over someone like michael douglass. So, it didn't come as much of a surprise. I don't really care, as long as she's happy. :P

• How old are you and how old is he?

Are you sure you're in this relationship because of the love and not because you love having a father figure in your life?

• he is 37 and I am 21. I am certain that it isn't because he is a father figure since he acts like a kid most of the time. I just love him to death he treats me much better than any man I have ever been with.

What Girls Said 3

• Let yourself fall. You love him, tell your friends and family. The only way you can move forward is if you bring your relationship out of the dark and deal with the potential consequences. They'll get over it when they see how happy you are!

• Today is not like 15 or 20 years ago. Divorce rates are high. If you love each other than that's all that matters. Also, it seems the age thiing is more exceptable now a days too. If you're happy then - be happy.

• well, you know it's love. and that's enough. it's your life and your feelings.