What would be the perfect first date for our first meeting?

We met online and we're planning our first meeting. I want it to be fun, exciting, romantic, & simply unforgettable. I need, would like ideas, suggestions and anything else.

Most Helpful Girl

• (As was mentioned below) I wouldn't subject him to friends until you get to know him - it puts him completely in your territory which doesn't make for a fair game. I met a few of guys online, one of which is my boyfriend of 8 months.

He and another guy met me in my home area; it was a little awkward of course, but pizza and conversation and mucking around in the park was had, and a good time was had by all. Another guy I met at his home, many miles from me - this endeavor was mostly a sexual one, but I still don't recommend going straight to someone's house, it's not exactly a wise choice.

If you're thinking of fun, perhaps an amusement park or iceskating. A film is pretty awkward if you're already in the is-it-romantic-or-isn't-it phase, you'll both be freaking out about your arms touching. My boyfriend and I accidentally got into a date situation at a cliche Italian restaurant the first time we met. Sitting across from one another with no distractions and having to /talk/ can set you up for absolute disaster, but we did just fine. My best advice is to have a completely fluid set of ideas so that if you're not feeling it, you can change the plans to something more friendly or more romantic as you go. Start off simple somewhere you can chat, and go from there.

What Guys Said 2

• Take along a friend, just in case you don't work in real time,and she can leave if everything looks good. Plus youcan see how he interacts in a group, and they can observe him and report what they think.

If he gets all upset about you not coming alone, that tells you something already.

If it goes well, plan to go with him somewhere you think is special. Don't leave it all up to him. You need to know how he coooperates with you..if you just play the princess you won't know what a real life situation with him is like.

• Just be true to your self. Its better and enjoyable date with no ideas on what will happen.

What Girls Said 2

• The first meeting should always be in public- coffee shop, restaurant etc. Its wise to keep it simple and as a date that either of you could leave if its not working out, and really just a meeting to see if that attraction is in person, not just over the internet. Save the super exciting stuff for future date if you two really hit it off.

• somewhere public with a lot of people in case he's a creep, murderer, rapist, you met on the internet after all. oh and bring mase.