How would you go about introducing the person you are seeing to your family?

My family is very judgmental and very upfront and blunt about their opinions and I know they will most likely not approve of the guy I'm dating and will be joining me at a family event that's coming up.

Most Helpful Girl

• idk for me it was never a formal thing, my boyfriend just sorta showed up one day and him and my mom started talking about trailers and camping and they really liked each other and then my dad came home said hi and then they invited him for dinner, just keep it low key...

What Guys Said 2

• I waited until they expressed interest.

• screw that. I don't put myself in such an awkward situation. The only time I'm gonna show her to my parents is gonna be when I say "ok that's the one I'm gonna marry" Probably when I'm 40 because marriage sux ass. siblings, I show them only the girls I'm serious with

What Girls Said 3

• Just start in the small, make them get used to the thought and slowly take him home more often so they can meet, just "hi" or something.

If you can see that they're starting to get used to him, then you can start to let them be more together and introduce them on a bigger plan.

Take it small steps at a time and show your family that you really like this guy.

Best of luck and I hope it'll go smooth :)

• date them for a long time, like a year, and make your parent s ask YOU to meet him. don't rush or push it. enjoy the romance

• Lots and lots of tequila