Dealing with the after effect of hookups?

Alright well being in college partying, drinking and hook-ups are very common. I myself have had a few hook-ups while I've been here. I use protection and am on birth control so that's not really my problem neither is having a bad hook-up. The thing I need advice on in this; coming from a small university its very easy to run into the people that I have hooked-up with. (As I type this there is a guy sitting across the cafe and it's a tad awkward) How do you or would you deal with seeing or talking to people that you have hooked-up with. Or how to just make it less awkward.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just keep on smiling :)

• Just thought I would let you know that I would smile ever once in awhile as I was on my laptop or looking at my phone. And after awhile he came up to me and said "I thought I recognized that smile." I couldn't believe it ha ha So thank you :)

• You're welcome! ^^

What Guys Said 6

• LOLOL. THATS HILARIOUS, HE'S RIGHT THERE

Uh... Well, I don't hook up, myself, usually. I mostly get into sexual friendships, for my kicks, which I find much more fulfilling. So, understand, my advice may not be common place; but what I'd do is treat it like anyone you've met at a party. If there's something interesting about them and you'd like to carry on talking to them, greet them, be friendly and welcoming - don't mention it outright, 'cos its casual. Casual sex, all that. But talk to them. If you have the confidence, be glib, y'know, 'Good PARTY, ey?'. LOL. But, if you feel that it really was only 'cos of the night time that you got it on with them and you don't feel like you wanna be regular ol' pals, don't do anything more than smile, but smile warmly, not awkwardly.

• Honestly I've never been in that situation as I've never had a one night stand/random hookup and I don't intend to ever.

• i wouldn't know, never had a one-night stand or random hook-up, don't intend to because I refuse to initiate

• I wouldn't know. Every party I go to I'm the token sober person that takes care of the drunks. I think I'm too boring for the drunk girls cause I can't hold their attention for very long.

• Take the good with the bad or awkward in this case. You had your fun now you have to deal with all the sh*t that goes on after

• You sound like a keeper...

• Give her a break, already. She's in college! This is the time in her life where she's supposed to go out and have fun. She's being careful, so it's all good.

And no, I didn't hook up when I was in college. But many of my friends did, and now most of them have good jobs and are married with kids, so it obviously didn't corrupt them too much.

What Girls Said 2

• well ... as you put it ... it was like a "casual" hook up? so I guess...when you see these guys ... be casual too ... like nothing intimate happened ... Right?

• Say hi act like friends, pretend it isn't awkward and it won't feel as weird :)