Has anyone had someone they met online fly across the world to meet them?

This is happening to me! I met this guy from Brazil on chatroulette of all places. He was one of those few nice guys who actually want to talk rather than flash their junk or see yours.

We've talked every week since then (on FB and skype), and pretty much every day for half a year, and we've grown to really like each other! So we've always talked about him coming over to visit me (I live in New Zealand).

Recently he bought the tickets to fly over in January to stay for a month. I am so excited to meet him, but obviously really nervous at the same time.

I think he's so crazy for flying all this way just to meet and hang out with me, but at the same time its like a romantic love story you only see in the movies!

Just curious to see if this has happened to anyone else? How was it and what was the outcome, and how is your relationship now?

OR, what are your thoughts on the situation?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah it happened to me, I met my guy on this site actually :D. He came here to see me not too long ago, *sigh* what a great day it was. But yeah back to reality, we're both broke so marriage is definitively out of the question now :(

I wouldn't call it across the world, more like he drove miles to get where I was.

It was great, perfect day and it was right before my birthday. Our relationship is fine just I guess on the rocks slightly cause of family issues I don't want to deal with it right now. He is as perfect in person as he is online.

What Guys Said 5

• Never had that, but it does sound pretty sick (the good kind) how technology can bring us so much closer. You should post an update after a couple of weeks.

• Haha I so agree with you on that! And thanks for the idea, I'll write back some time in the middle of Jan!

• So I somehow remembered to write back here haha.. Just a quick update, but things are going so well! To see him in person was crazy because it was a bit like seeing a celebrity, and when he gave me a hug, that was weird also, as I saw him in person and him online as 2 seperate things, so it took a couple days to mesh the two together. It was also such a huge shock for me to have him here, but once I got used to it I felt so comfortable with him. Things have been working out better than we ever

• thought or expected, and after only 3 days here he was already looking up jobs in NZ, haha. Its only been about a week but things are great and I am so happy! I still can't believe he's here at times, and that he actually came all this way for me. I think I was really lucky in the fact that he was so honest about himself and everything else, so there were no disappointments :)

• I have a friend coming cross-country by transit to meet me TOMORROW! Its really awesome. Just for the weekend.

I have plans with lots of online friends to fly them out after next year, but no plane-voyages just yet. And, next summer, I'm moving in with my online friends Cassie and Ryle - Cassie and Ryle themselves being online lovers for about 6 years, only recently acknowledging it as something serious and moving in together with me.

=]

• Nope, I can't say this has ever happened to me. Good luck with everything, I hope everything works out for y'all too.

• Guy flying across the world to meet a girl= Romantic

Girl flying across the world to meet a guy= The Black Widow

good luck though. you are gonna introduce him to people right?

• Never, I doubt a girl would travel to come see me.

What Girls Said 4

• no because that's...who knows what to expect. I'm not ready for a relationship any time soon so probably wouldn't want to

• Well I'm meeting a friend I met on here next year, but I'm doing a student exchange program so it isn't solely for him.

Good luck, though :)

• well, If he is coming to you so why not try?

probably He's going to stay longer...all Brazilians love NZ. Good luck with this guy!

• Yeah sounds really nice. Just be careful and make sure he's not some freak who was just looking to find any girl on chat roulette. Some online people are sneakkyy.