Have you given up on dating and relationships?

And why have you given up? Is it because of experiences, believes or something else? Thanks!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 34

What Guys Said 50

• Selected as most helpful

Yes I have. My last boyfriend and I broke up about 3 weeks ago. That was the final straw with me. I have been with 3 different guys this year...non of those relationships lasting more than 3 months. Every guy keeps lying to me, cheating on me, or just completely insensitive and selfish. They have all seemed perfect in the beginning then abruptly turned ice cold. Seriously no warning.

I really fell in love with my last. I honestly didn't think our relationship would end anytime soon. But it did, and I don't hurt as bad anymore. I think about it less and less each day. But I have decided to take a break because I see no need to rush into something with someone until I know for sure he is compatible with me. I will make friends... hang out. And if I happen to meet a guy then cool. But I'm tired of settling and I'm tired of being with guys who aren't willing to give their all. The problem could very well be me. Or it could just be I pick the wrong guys. But I will take this time out to figure it out. Find out what it is I need. Get my life in order, and then find a guy who can love me just how I am. I can only get my heart broken but so many times. So for the first time in my life... I'm HAPPY to be single. Iv got other things to stress about in my life and a guy just isn't one of them

• 19d

I've sort of given up on dating and relationships. A lot of my couple friends I know because they're significant other was my friend before the fact. I tend to just sit around and be happy for my friends as much as I can.

• Almost ready to give up guys why? Because all they've brought me is heart break confusion and anger and that's all from ONE guy! :(

• Man! At your age, no way!

I am about to. I find that men my age are...how can I say this? Liars, set in their ways, cheaters, etc. If they aren't, they are married & I don't go there.

• I always seem to be the one to get my heart broken, especially becoming the "understanding girl" rather than the girlfriend.

• yes forever alone

• in a way yes. I've just came to accept that most men are not going to be worth my time and not to look for a relationship just let it come to me if it does

• I have not given up on dating and relationships. I think romantic relationships can consist of trial and error and it's a learning process both people go through (unless you get married then you are pretty much settled down.)

• never been in a relationship...dont care about getting into 1 anymore.and I am glad that I feel this way ..i live for myself...dont feel the urge to impress any1..gave me boost of confidence.

• I've experienced a great relationship, and one recently that almost made me lose trust in all men... but it's the great relationship I've experienced that keeps me from giving up. It's not a priority right now. I enjoy being single and free for now, but I know that I'll find someone eventually. We'll find each other n_n

• I like someone but I've wanted to give up every day for six months because he's so shy and I think about him all the time... I can't let go though :P

• I have not given up. I am just chilling till I find the right guy

• Not permanently! Just for the time being...I can't imagine going through life without a companion to grow old with me!

• I'm giving up because I keep getting cheated on so why give my heart if they only want to throw me away?

• I just want someone who is actually there as much as me. I just don't understand why I'm only good enough for a month then they cheat and drop me.

• For what it's worth, we're not all like that. There really are some good guys out there in the world; we're just not always the ones that are trying to be front and centre. But we are out there.

• I haven't.

• NEVER! :D

• I believe that everyone goes through this stage when they just give up on ever finding love but ya know for every bad experiences you have you learn a new lesson about love and relationships.

• I have in the past. I gave it up for 4 years. They were happy years too. So it's not like we need someone to make us happy. I gave it up because of so many bad experiences. I am dating again and of course had some bad experiences but right now I am dating this amazing guy and I really like him. I just wish he could see how awsome he is but that is OK because maybe if he knew what a great catch he is he would turn into a douche bag and not be such a great catch anymore.

• Yes! People seem to have lost pride and respect for themselves. I hate that some will date just to date. Sure, I've been lonely at times, but why do that? I hope my ex isn't the last of my dating days, but who knows. Good luck to every one looking, but don't settle for less.

• Ya...I've been cheated on, lead on, told by the guy that he's out of my league...I kinda gave up...

• I'm trying not to. I would like to give up: I got hurt. It was when I was getting comfortable with myself. I had a sense of humor. and I was content with how I looked. Then, I fell head over heels over this guy who surprisingly seemed to be into me...but it turns out he just needed someone/anyone who would run errands for him. and I got used and abused pretty much for a year until I realized it (cuz I was really into him). and then I couldn't even recall anything he had done for me. It's not fun to realize that all he said for a year was actually b.s. and that for a whole year, I was stupid enough not to see it.

It was my first relationship so my confidence went down the drain. My sense of humor just became non-existent. I couldn't bear to look myself in the mirror, literally.

I know I can't stay this forever so I'm trying to be more social, trying to find myself again. The world is a little darker than I had imagined but I feel like I need to fight for hope. I'm trying but it's really difficult to be optimistic.

• Show More
  • I've almost given up.. I think to myself I turn 28 this year and 2 more years I will be 30 and never been on any dates nor had a relationship so what's the point? Most if not all girls here in Connecticut are superficial and it shows.

• No, I haven't given up. I've had my heart broken a bunch of times, and it certainly has shaken my confidence in myself, but I'm a hopeless romantic; I'll put my heart back on the line if it means I may find that special someone.

• Kind of yea. Of course I just went on a date the other day so my will wasn't strong enough.

• Yeah I've given up. When you reach 24, have a degree and you're still are not good enough to get a date with a girl you realize you never will.

• I'm starting to give up. After 2 years of being turned down you start to lose hope. But I refuse to completely give up. Its like the old saying of you get out what you put in. If you put no effort into getting a relationship than you'll never have one. But unfortunately if you try to hard it can be bad

• NEVER...

... because I've never had a single date in my whole life.

• I havn't even though I feel your pain.

• Nope, I still have hope that somebody will come along and make my life better. :\

• yeah at this point pretty much

• Cuz none of these damn relationships seem 2 last

• I've never been in a relationship and thought I have seen how pretty much all of my friends relationships and relationships on here have ended badly. I still have hope for myself and the girl out there. Right now (being in college) most guys and girls (I know of) aren't looking for a committed relationship. I am. Thus, in the mean time I will figure out myself and wait for 'this girl' to come along. I have been hurt by girls in the past but I will not let that get to me. I mean it's illogical to believe that all girls will act just like this one girl that gave you a hard time.

The best thing you can do is treat them how you would like to be treated because then you have no one else to blame but yourself. I think people should be more considerate of others instead of having this 'you only live once' attitude.

But what if she doesn't ever come along? Then I can have the satisfaction that I am a good guy for the sake of being a good guy

• Never giving up. Just taking an indefinite break until someone comes along that makes me want to give it a try.

• nice user name

“This life is what you make it. Not matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls/Guys will be your friends - they'll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they're your true best friends. Don't let go of them. Also remember, sisters/brothers make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they'll come and go too. And babe, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up because if you give up, you'll never find your soul mate. You'll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.” - Marilyn Monroe

• Yes, I have. After hearing how horrible and one-sided relationships can be. I'm focusing on my life goals mostly. Maybe I'll have a relationship one day, but its more of a "if it happens, great, if it doesn't, no big deal" type of thing, but I will not be used.

• I have and then I have not.

I have given up on chasing woman, spending money and dating people just to have another failed relationship and car added to my history. So instead of worrying about who I'm with and what everyone else thinks I'm doing what I care about first. And one day if I meet that one person I will gladly give it a chance. To me this is much better then wasting all your time trying to make someone else who really does not give a sh*t happy. Getting trapped always chasing others will leave you in the end with nothing.

Look at the divorce rates, people just don't give an ass about anyone but themselves, I rather stay single enjoying life then being used. I learned this the hard way.

• I've never really started, so I can't give up quite yet lol!

• I'm just getting started ;)

• In a way yea. I really haven't given up but I just don't even try anymore.

Mostly because dating is just a pointless waste of 1-20 months of my teenage life. And I don't really care too much for getting my heart broken 100 times in my natural life.

• Never thought I'd see so many yeses. But then again, sometimes you just need to take some time off in order to focus your attention elsewhere.

• Guess I would say yes just due to the fact I haven't been trying because it usually ends up just being time wasted.

• Show More