Have you given up on dating and relationships?

And why have you given up? Is it because of experiences, believes or something else? Thanks!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Yes. I've never had a boyfriend and I don't think that's just going to change all of a sudden. It would be stupid of me to put so much time and effort into something that I know isn't going to work out. People these days don't want relationships anyway. You guys want instant gratification, something like FWB, and that's not how I roll. I'm more into real committed relationships and it doesn't seem like that's what guys my age are into. I'm not totally happy being alone but I guess that's what will have to happen. Thanks a lot hookup culture.

• not every guy is like that your just using that as an excuse to justify you being single and to feel better about it. excuses excuses excuses.

• Show Older
    • in college people want serious relationships your probably just thinking about the people who like to party ... look elsewhere.

• Oh and fyi I'm in a fraternity and all the guys have serious relationships with there girlfriends with the exception of 1 or 2 clubheads.

What Girls Said 39

• No. I'm not the type to ever give up

• I have not given up. I am just chilling till I find the right guy

• I haven't.

• Yes I have.Because right now I'm just not in that place.I don't want to be with anyone new. I want to be left alone. I don't like people invading my personal space right now. I'm quite happy just being alone.

• Yeah. Plus I can't afford one right now.

• "Can't afford one"?That's a guy's line LOL

• in a way yes. I've just came to accept that most men are not going to be worth my time and not to look for a relationship just let it come to me if it does

• Not permanently! Just for the time being...I can't imagine going through life without a companion to grow old with me!

• yes forever alone

• I like someone but I've wanted to give up every day for six months because he's so shy and I think about him all the time... I can't let go though :P

• Yes! People seem to have lost pride and respect for themselves. I hate that some will date just to date. Sure, I've been lonely at times, but why do that? I hope my ex isn't the last of my dating days, but who knows. Good luck to every one looking, but don't settle for less.

• Yes I have. My last boyfriend and I broke up about 3 weeks ago. That was the final straw with me. I have been with 3 different guys this year...non of those relationships lasting more than 3 months. Every guy keeps lying to me, cheating on me, or just completely insensitive and selfish. They have all seemed perfect in the beginning then abruptly turned ice cold. Seriously no warning.I really fell in love with my last. I honestly didn't think our relationship would end anytime soon. But it did, and I don't hurt as bad anymore. I think about it less and less each day. But I have decided to take a break because I see no need to rush into something with someone until I know for sure he is compatible with me. I will make friends... hang out. And if I happen to meet a guy then cool. But I'm tired of settling and I'm tired of being with guys who aren't willing to give their all. The problem could very well be me. Or it could just be I pick the wrong guys. But I will take this time out to figure it out. Find out what it is I need. Get my life in order, and then find a guy who can love me just how I am. I can only get my heart broken but so many times. So for the first time in my life... I'm HAPPY to be single. Iv got other things to stress about in my life and a guy just isn't one of them

• 58d

I know exactly how you feel. I feel the same

• I always seem to be the one to get my heart broken, especially becoming the "understanding girl" rather than the girlfriend.

• I've experienced a great relationship, and one recently that almost made me lose trust in all men... but it's the great relationship I've experienced that keeps me from giving up. It's not a priority right now. I enjoy being single and free for now, but I know that I'll find someone eventually. We'll find each other n_n

• I'm giving up because I keep getting cheated on so why give my heart if they only want to throw me away?

• For what it's worth, we're not all like that. There really are some good guys out there in the world; we're just not always the ones that are trying to be front and centre. But we are out there.

• I just want someone who is actually there as much as me. I just don't understand why I'm only good enough for a month then they cheat and drop me.

• NEVER! :D

• Yes, I've given up because every guy I've ever met has found a way to hurt me even before we were in a relationship. So I figure the best way to not get hurt is to stay single. And I've never had boyfriend because of this.

• Why do you have a pic of a man if you are a girl?

• ^ she thinks he's hot dude.

• 58d

I hate being in a relationship actually. I don't like commitment, and it always seems like a waste of time. Until I get older I will keep that opinion.

• i almost will

Yes honestly. I've been single for almost two years. I can't take another broken heart. I'm young though so I can just have fun now and think about relationships later or whenever it pops up.

• Almost ready to give up guys why? Because all they've brought me is heart break confusion and anger and that's all from ONE guy! :(

• 19d

I can't be bothered anymore. I started asking myself whether it was something I really wanted and it wasn't. It doesn't make me unhappy. What would make me unhappy is searching for something that may never appear. There's more to life in my opinion.

• Man! At your age, no way! I am about to. I find that men my age are...how can I say this? Liars, set in their ways, cheaters, etc. If they aren't, they are married & I don't go there.

• I have not given up on dating and relationships. I think romantic relationships can consist of trial and error and it's a learning process both people go through (unless you get married then you are pretty much settled down.)

• I have said over and over again that I was going to give up but something inside me still know that there is hope. I am not the judgmental type and I feel if I completely give up I would be judging another man for the actions of someone else. Besides, I don't want to be alone. I think everyone has their moments of frustration, however, that all passes when we meet someone we like. And the cycle continues...

• No, not at all. It's just not one of my priorities right now. I enjoy being single :)

• yea I've never had a true boyfriend, just love interests and they didn't work out, mainly one guy who played games with me led me on made me fall in love with him then decided he didn't wanna be with me because his family wouldn't approve...went through depression and heartache and haven't been able to forget himmy social life also sucks I haven't been able to meet many guys at all and with the way my life is going no job financial trouble stress trying to go to grad school I just don't think ill find anyone.

• Ur life sounds similar 2 mine. Grad school is a beast isn't it? Grad school = no social life/sleep,if you look it up lol. The guy I was dating said his family wouldn't approve either. Racist. With the economy the way it is 1 can get depressed. All in all, I have developed tunnel vision, grad school will be over in 1 yr, I will find someone who will B right 4me instead of crying over spoil milk. Its hard to be optimistic but just remember all the times you felt like this and survived. It won't B 4eva :)

• awww thanks babe :) I wish the best for you as well! I can't wait till grad school is over ha ha <3

• It's just side-tracked now :)

• I believe that everyone goes through this stage when they just give up on ever finding love but ya know for every bad experiences you have you learn a new lesson about love and relationships.

• I've given up. I dated a guy about a year ago, and he destroyed my trust in all guys. Every time I get in a relationship now I pull away or break up with the person because I just don't want a relationship anymore.

• Show More

What Guys Said 51

• I have given up. Part of it is kind of complicated, and I don't want to share that part. The other reasons are mainly because I have never really had a lot of friends. I am shy, and was never a popular student. By the time I got to high school, almost everybody I knew had a boyfriend/girlfriend, or has at least gone through making out, and stuff like that (from Facebook pictures). I am now 21, 3rd year of college, and I have never kissed, been kissed, or even gone on a date. My parents and grandparents are upset about that, but I decided to forget about it, and simply stay single forever. I have plans for my future, and I don't need a girl to be in it. By the way, my parents recently had another baby (She is exactly 20 years younger), and I think it's because they finally realized that I am not going to get married and have kids, so they created another one to have a chance of becoming grandparents someday.

• got tired of being rejected, got tired of getting my advances denied

• Aye, same man, It sucks.

• yeah I hate how us guys always have to initiate

• No. That's why I'm on GAG, because I wasn't ready to give up.

• I want to I don't see ├ánything happening

• Nope, I still have hope that somebody will come along and make my life better. :\

• I've never really started, so I can't give up quite yet lol!

• yep gave up a long time ago, been probably 10-12 years now I think, starting to lose track. I've tried casual dating and just hooking up but its not for me. What I want is a real relationship with a woman but women only seem to want that if you are able to somehow live up to a fairy tale standard about men they were fed while still a child. sadly most women never grow up =(

• True - too many women have unrealistic expectations of men.While a lot of men have unrealistic "physical" expectations of women, it's not the same abundance of the number of women who crave that "fairy tale standard".

• yeah that's very true, I think physically attractive women are a dime a dozen tho, I think the guys who only like women who look like they should be in the movies suffer from insecurity issues. I could be wrong tho.

• yep gave up a long time ago, been probably 10-12 years now I think, starting to lose track.

• Pretty much.

• To say I 'gave up' would imply I ever tried at all.I just don't see myself as the type of guy that would ever be successful in relationships, so I removed myself from the proverbial game. I'm fully aware that I only have myself to blame, so I expect and deserve no sympathy for this stance.

• I did for a while. I needed to work on myself and improve, I wasn't happy with myself at all so why would I expect someone else to be happy with me.

• I have. I had a bad breakup and was hurt. So I only had open things for a while. Was a good experience.

• I've almost given up.. I think to myself I turn 28 this year and 2 more years I will be 30 and never been on any dates nor had a relationship so what's the point? Most if not all girls here in Connecticut are superficial and it shows.

• 58d

1-3-2-4. You have been meeting the wrong girls in Connecticut not all the girls are superficial

• No, I haven't given up. I've had my heart broken a bunch of times, and it certainly has shaken my confidence in myself, but I'm a hopeless romantic; I'll put my heart back on the line if it means I may find that special someone.

• yup, for the moment at least. got my heart crushed, walls went up and now its nearly impossible to be vulnerable with anyone

• Well not exactly given up , I just don't really believe in love/relationships and I just take my chances to have some nice time with whoever I like and feel like I can have a nice time with without us being in any kind of labeled connection .. Just wasting time and all ...

• Never giving up. Just taking an indefinite break until someone comes along that makes me want to give it a try.

• I'm just getting started ;)

• Part of me feels that (to give up) but part of me says to hold out and have the faith that someone would be there just fo me. I am 34 now and my past relationships didn't last long enough for me to be worthwhile. My last potential partner for example didn't want to live in my country so we had to break it off. It was completely mutual so we remained friends for now. Friendships is more important to me now including any new people I might meet. If it works out only then will I consider a proper relationship...

• I am semi-giving up because girls always look to have fun in college. They always go out and eat, spend money, going to this and that place all around town, partying, and so forth. I don't have that kind of money to provide a girl to do all that. And also, I can't drive freeways yet, so that already end a lot of things I can do with a girl. I can't afford a girlfriend financially. And second they are a bit too shallow right now. They only like the party and frat guys. At least for the ones I find attractive are like that. Yes I heard it all, it's not about looks. I don't even pay attention to the girls who are rated 9s and 10s as many would call it. I don't pay too much attention to the 8s either, as many would rate as well.

• Yeah pretty much. It seems like girls around my age are only interested in one type of guys and clearly I'm not it, so I might as well give up for now. And even if I get a girl to talk to me, she always ends up picking another guy instead.

• Yeah, I've given up. What's the point, if every girl I like turns me down...

• ive never dated or had a relationship with anyone. yea I'm one of those people -_- some people call us socially awkward or introverted, but whatever the case, I am 19, in college, and have no experience. why should I waste my time chasing relationships? I don't even want to get married.

• the truth is I don't know yet if I should just give up or not yet so for now I don't know yet because so far looks like it's true that all nice guys and good guys finish last I know I'm unattractive, I know I'm super skinny guy,i know I'm a nice good person,i know maybe I'm weak but I will train if I choose to,I'm 23 and I still live with my parents and I've heard to some girls and some women it's a turn off bottom line I don't know if I should just give up yes I'm saying I don't know yet I've been cheated on,lied to,I've been betrayed,and worst of all I've been back stabbed and she broke my heart.And I don't know if I can trust women and girls so for now I don't know if I should give up yet I hope this answers your question and if you got anything to ask me or if you got any questions you like to ask me feel free to ask me and I will see if I can answer your question.

• i do however have confidenece and I do believe in myself it's just looks like some girls and some women killed chivalry

• Just be social be yourself and once you find a girl that interests you and you believe she won't hurt you go for it.

• For now I have. Partially its because I don't really have time for it with work and school. Mostly its because I don't really think its ever going to happen. Seems like most girls my age (24) are superficial and only look at looks matter. I know that not all are like that. Seems like the down to earth ones are already taken.

• Kind of yea. Of course I just went on a date the other day so my will wasn't strong enough.

• I'm starting to give up. After 2 years of being turned down you start to lose hope. But I refuse to completely give up. Its like the old saying of you get out what you put in. If you put no effort into getting a relationship than you'll never have one. But unfortunately if you try to hard it can be bad

• Not giving up just not trying.

• I'm burnt out with it because the girls I go for won't give me a chance. I really was hung out to dry by my last two girls which still hurts. I wouldn't have minded if they were just up front with me in the first place. I'm about to the point of not believing in magic anymore. I'm trying to keep my head up but a lack of experiences and a lack of any body language will do that for me. I'd kill to have a stable relationship in my "youth'", but I just turned 23 and my longest relationship was 3months. Is there anything I can do to possibly improve that or help sway my mind from dwelling on it too long?

At least for the moment, yes.

• Show More