Confused about hands on back?

People always say you should put your hands on a guys back while you're making-out... but I don't get it. When I try to, I feel awkward because of like the angle of my arms.

What part of the back should your hands be, and where should your arms be touching?

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't have to follow any rules sweetie. That being said, if you would like to try it, I certainly can share my experience with that. The best way to caress a guy's back when you're making out is when you're lying down and he's on top. Insert your arms under his and wrap them around his back. Go lower and lower until your hands reach the band of his pants. Then, move one hand or two inside his shirt. Keep playing and caressing his skin with your hands. I think it's better when you rest the whole palm of your hand on his back than when you do little circle motions with just fingertips only. The skin gets warmer that way and the touch is more sensual IMO. Anyway, so you can go from there and move your hands up until they're all over his back, under his shirt, as if he was bare chest. If it's too tedious to you, just remove his shirt at the beginning and cling to his torso with your elbows, caressing his bare back with your hands the same way as described above.

What Guys Said 2

• Lol good question I honestly think that you should let the man take controll of the kissing just keep your hands right above his neck unless you wanna be in controll of that ^_^

• i agree with Chris, arms around the neck :D

What Girls Said 3

• What people say this!? First I've heard of it.

Anyway, there's no rule book. I'm with you.. hand on the back is kind of awkward. More awkward is consciously thinking about where to put your hands. Don't worry... they'll go SOMEWHERE. ;)

• Just put your hands where it feels natural; you don't have to follow any set rules.

• I'd much rather put my hands on his face, his neck, rub his scalp...If I'm adventurous, I even grab his butt...hehe...feels better for him anyway.