One valuable lesson I learned is that if you don't love yourself, everyone else will find it difficult to love you.
It taught me not to be so needy and clingy and an ass kisser to my significant other. That's a valuable thing to learn.
What have you learned from past break ups?
Most Helpful Girl
This is a great question! :)
The more abusive and harsh the relationship is, the more you learn from it. I've learned a lot myself. I left him months ago and I'm much happier now. The following are a few things from what I've learned:
1) Words are sweet but not all are true. They're most probably just sweet gestures said in a lovey dovey moment. What you have to look for is actions because, as they say, speak louder than words.
2) Don't sacrifice too much until you're sure he's worth it. The more you're willing to give yourself to someone, the less he appreciates it.
3) Don't trust people easily. Don't give your heart at once. They should learn to earn it.
4) Don't believe all the promises he says because most of them aren't going to happen.
5) Don't have high expectations because you'll get really frustrated.
6) Find happiness on your own. It doesn't depend on anyone else but you. Then, when you find it share it with other people.
and more :)3