How to play hard to get when texting a guy?

I met a guy at a party three weeks ago and we've been texting every day since then.

The most I've delayed to text back is half a day. We've been texting each other several times a day, but we haven't met up since the party.

People always say that guys love the chase and you should play hard to get to keep his interest. How do I do this with texting him when we're texting back and forth everyday? Is it too much? Do I just ignore him for a while or what?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you want to play hard to get over texting, don't reply back to him for about 2-3 hours. I'm sure you're busy. If you're not there's always something to do.

If you play it off moderately, that should be OK. But too much hard-to-get and the guy will run out of steam and stop altogether.

What Guys Said 5

• Girls think guys love the chase and some of us do BUT ONLY UP TO A POINT. When it gets to the stage where it's annoying, I always ask myself why I am bothering with this.

• I would try to challenge him in a playful way. Texting every day for three weeks without him asking you out seems like too long. You could call him out on that (in a playful, teasing way). Or just send a text that says "call me".

• Don't play dumbass games, be straight up or he'll lose interest fast.

• You could tell him your a man.

• use as few words as possible, that's really discouraging tho..

What Girls Said 2

• don't put so much effort in texting him. limit conversations with him. flirt every now and then. and don't be boring. be interesting but like i said limit the convos. if you have in on social networks like Twitter, instagram, snapchat, etc post pictures showing that your having a good time with your friend. make it look like your always having a good time! and make plans with him!! hope this helped
    xoxo

• Holy crap. Don't do it, just be yourself. Games are junk.