It is OK to date more than one person at a time. How would you feel if you knew your date was seeing others?

We all know know what dating is, right? Dating is about meeting people, spending time with them and finding that person you want to be with, right? It is acceptable to date more than one person at a time. Although I find that dating more than one has proven to be stressful, so I do not do it. And if you are seeing more than one person, those people deserve to know. How would you feel if you were dating someone and you knew that they were also going on dates with other guys/girls?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, its fine, they should know, etc.

When I was young, people mainly dated within social circle, and they'd just 'become a couple'. But my peers who still date (I'm married) they are dating multiple people until there is a specific decision as a couple to be exclusive.

One guy I know had this scheduling issue with one girl, they went on a date, it went well, they were trying to book a second date and it was really hard, and they were both laughing because they both clearly had a bunch of other dates lined up. But that's fine.

What Guys Said 3

• I'm not totally on board with the idea. I agree that it's stressful, but also what if you really come to like the person, but they start to like someone else? Or like you both but decides to go with the other person? Yes, rejection sucks, but there's something different about it when you're told "I like this other person" and not simply "I don't see this working".

• i think as long as you are not having sexual contact with any of them then its ok

• yes its OK. yes your profile pic is awesome

What Girls Said 1

• I think it's perfectly find to "date" more than one person at a time... By that, I mean go on dates. But you're right. I think that everyone involved deserves to know where they stand, and that there are other men in the picture as well. But unless you've specifically discussed being exclusive, then I don't think that anyone should feel hurt. Like you said, it's just testing the waters -- a way to meet new people, and figure out what you want (or don't want, for that matter). As long as whomever I'm seeing is honest about their relationships with other women, then I'm totally fine with it. If, however, I start to develop serious feelings, I think that a decision needs to be made as to whether or not I'm willing to continue a commitment-free "thing" with this person.