What should I send to her?

I need help figuring out what to send to my ex. We will have known each other for a year in a couple of days and I want to send her a text message. Things are complicated between us. But let me know out of the two messages I have below which one you like better. Thanks.

1) So as of today we have officially known each other for one year. ...I think. I'm 99 percent sure that it was a year ago that I sent you our first text - you told me you were driving and that you would text me later, of course you forgot about me and never did. I guess what I want to say is that you have put a smile on my face through out many days this last year and that means a lot to me. No matter how emotional I have been or am yet to be, know that it is your friendship that I want most from you. I don't really know what else to say, I wish I could be sending this to you feeling better about where our friendship is at. I don't want to make this to long, but just know that your friendship is important to me and that I am stubborn and hard headed and that refuse to settle for anything less than your friendship.

2) So as of today, we have officially known each other for one year. I think…I’m like 99 percent sure it was a year ago today I sent you our first text – you told me you were driving and that you would text me later. Of course, you forgot about me and never did. I guess what I want to say is that you have put a smile on my face through out many days this last year and that means a lot to me. So thank you for being the person who you are. You have my friendship and no matter how emotional I may have been or am yet to be and know that it is your friendship that I want most from you.

Most Helpful Girl

• They are really cute, but for your purposes they are a bit too wordy. If things really are complicated either of these texts wouldn't make her happy. Text her something simple, like "Hey, hows it going", and if she wants to talk to you, you can slowly direct the conversation to when you guys met. Don't over think these things or complicate them for yourself.

• Ok, so one of the complications is half of the time she doesn't respond back to me at all. So if I want to say something, I will have to just say it right out of the blue. So with that in mind, do you think it is better just to keep it simple with one or two sentences or to say what I want to say.

• hard to say, maybe just talk to her in person instead. That's meaningful

What Girls Said 2

• I think you should call her or talk to her in person. This would be a lot cuter and make her a lot more happy if you do it in person, and it would probably work better at getting you guys to be friends again than a text would.

• Hey, Hello, Hi all are simple words that start a casual sentence

What Guys Said 1

• None of them, move on.