Girls- when a guy texts you, do you show your friends?

Girls, when you're texting with a guy, do you show your female friends and ask for their advice?

Do they ever tell you to like.. wait 1hr to respond, or not respond to see if he'll call/text again?

If you're getting a call from a dude, will you answer it without first showing your friends?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't show my girl friends the text. But if he said something funny in the text message, I would most likely tell my friends what he said (or just laugh to myself and look like a fool lol)

But I would never show them the text. Texts are personal stuff, and should never be seen by a person who is not a part of the discussion. And I would never ask my friends for advice when or if I should text them back, that's just sad :P

As for the call, I wouldn't tell them that either, or well, I would tell them that he called when they would ask who it was (which they almost always do.)

What Girls Said 10

• I don't share things like that with my friends to be honest. I like to keep things private. The only time I might mention something from a text is when I'm seeking advice but this is quite rare.

• I only show/tell my friends if its something important or I'm confused about what he is saying and ask for advice.

Usually I text back straight away because I'm very forgetful so if I don't reply ill forget but I also hate leaving a notification on my phone. Also I know how impatient I am when it comes to others replying to yeah

And I always pick up the phone for anyone unless it is someone I hate.

• No, that would be lame asking your friends whether to reply right now or an hour later. I usually decide that myself.

• i have done that. asking my friend what to say back to a guy. but really I do know what to say back most of the time. I just ask my friends to see what they would do or say back.

• Usually we need to talk about it with someone if your special enough and if we can't decide on what kind of reply is best suited for the situation.

Apparently the faster you reply the more needy you seem...i think that's dumb but I've lately been feeling that way too and wait quite a bit to reply

• I don't think I've ever involved my friends until afterward so we can obsess over the conversation :) And when I take forever to respond I'm trying to act like I'm not just waiting around for him to text me lol

• No

• lmao no.

• No. The way I feel about it is my texts are mine and other bitches don't need to see them lol.

• Sometimes I'll show cute texts to my friends. Or if a dude says something and I can't think of what to reply with, I'll ask a girl friend for help.

I respond to texts when I feel like it. Sometimes I'm busy doing something, so I let the message so unreplied to for a bit. But I don't play the whole wait 1 hour to reply bullsh*t game.

And if someone calls my phone, I pick it up, regardless of if I'm with my friends or not unless I'm busy.

What Guys Said 1

• My Girlfriend does this and I hate it! (the waiting part) it makes me feel less important and I'd find it very flattering if she was actually just waiting around for my texts :)