Obviously, not interested?

What does it mean when a girl ignores a text? Obviously, not interested? :(

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe her phone is dead. Maybe she's out partying and didn't hear/feel her phone go off. Maybe she's otherwise busy and can't be bothered with texting at the moment. Maybe she's not interesting in talking. Maybe the message never made it through. Maybe she's asleep.

Just because you don't get a response doesn't mean she's not interested. How long have you been waiting? It's best not to just jump to conclusions and worry yourself...

• I've waited six hours. lol. Plus she ignored one of my texts once too, but she said she was very busy that time. Even after she said that reason, we still talked for a bit.

• Thats all very true. Thanks :)

• Glad I could help! :)

What Girls Said 2

• It doesn't nesesarily mean she isn't interested.

She could of been busy.

Not seen the text.

Or maybe she doesn't want to seem needy and its waiting to answer?

But depends, what did you text her?

She might not be texting back if she is being annoyed by you.. but depends really

• Maybe she just didn't notice you texted her? That happens to me a lot... or maybe you asked her something she didn't have an answer/comment on? Next time just asked her, kinda jokingly like "so, am I that boring you fall asleep and ignore my texts? :D"

What Guys Said 3

• You shouldn't assume she's ignoring the text. It could be a variety of things, busy with something, doesn't have her phone with her, phone on silent, dead battery, etc etc etc. If she starts to ignore more texts then that's when I'd think the message would be loud and clear.

• if you're chilling with a friend text her, and then have your other friend who maybe likes him more than you, see what happens if she texts him right away.

she's an a**hole. and not interested.

• There could be a million reasons why a text doesn't get returned. I do it all the time, doesn't mean I don't care. Sometimes people are busy and don't respond right way. Or they forget when they have free time. Its not the end of the world.

If she blows off plans or constantly cancels, that is your red flag to take the offer off the table and go shopping again.