Guys try to impress MORE attractive girls with more expensive/better dates, right?

in general, teh more attractive the girl, the harder the guy tries to impress her on dates right? so if a guy is taking you out to a cheap place and took someone else before you out to an expensive place, is it probably because the other girl was more attractive (saying that she IS for a fact)?

Most Helpful Guy

• It could also be financial. Having taken the pretty girl on an expensive date, he could be low on cash. Maybe he went on that date, spent all that money, got blown off, and realized that if women are going to expect men to pay for all these first dates to nowhere, they need to accept a cheap date.

I would like to tell you that you're dead wrong, but I can't. It's definitely true, but as your date found out, it doesn't do anything. She'll sleep with him or she won't, and he can take her to The Gilded Truffle and spend a whole bunch of money, or Cheddars and spend a little money and the result will be same. Spending an extra twenty dollars on dinner is not going to make anything happen, and if it does, that's no good either. She's going to ruin his credit score and leave.

The bottom line is that there's no way to know why he's taking you to the cheaper place. Maybe the expensive place was overrated. My father and I went to an expensive place the other day, and my chicken sucked. Maybe the expensive place wasn't any fun. Maybe it didn't get him anywhere. Maybe he's broke because he went there. Maybe he's decided it's not worth taking a first date to this place. Maybe you are right and he was hoping that by spending extra money he could make something happen with a girl who's out of his league.

What Guys Said 3

• Actually, it's funny you mention that. That's what a guy with no idea what he's doing (which is most of them) would do. That's also why he'd tend to fail with the hot girl. At some point, a few guys figure out that WANTING to impress a girl and TRYING to impress a girl are quite different from ACTUALLY impressing a girl. At that point they start to treat the hot ones like the rest and get much, MUCH better results.

The guys that get and keep the hot girls are very rarely the ones who kiss their asses from the get go.

• You honestly couldn't be further from the truth. As a man who's been on countless excursions it has nothing to do with how the lady may or may not look. It's all about how you as a person feels like expressing yourself based on, or at least guided by the knowledge you have of your interest.

Regardless, Good luck!

• Yup I agree.

What Girls Said 1

• The money really shouldn't matter. You should be asking: did I have fun? Did he have fun? Did he call me back and ask me out again?

Some of the funnest dates I've been on required little to no money. I guess I just ike a guy that's more creative and doesn't just take me out to the fanciest place. Creativity and fun impresses me way more than money.