I love seeing other couples show small acts of public affection but I'm shy and feel uncomfortable doing it?

Is that normal if this is my first relationship? I want to show my boyfriend more affection in public just little things but feel nervous about it. any suggestions? anyone else feel like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• its a very normal situation you can easily overcome it, jus because you relate to that feeling of shyness at some point in your life. Socially, we tend to have the misconception that only introverts experience shyness, but that is not true. Shyness has more to do with being uncomfortable with one’s self, especially around other people.

you tend to pay too much attention to all the things you are doing wrong when you are around other people. another thing stop labeling yourself as shy person, most of the time

when we leave shy situations, what we are really doing is reinforcing our shyness. Instead, face the situation square in the face. Turn the fearful situation into a place of introspection and personal growth. Become the observer and dig into yourself, answer the questions: why do I feel this way? What caused me to feel this way? Can there be an alternative explanation to what is happening?

'but personally I suggest you not to do that thing publicly because it does't have any sense love never needs show off'

god bless

What Guys Said 1

• Personally Public Display of Affection is gay, I believe all PDA should be done in private. The only thing you do in public is expose young kids to early sexual activities. PDA does not prove anything. It only lowers your public image.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm the same, except I've never had a boyfriend before. I did have a summer fling though and it was difficult to judge what the other person thinks is acceptable in public and what's not. I mean, don't go overboard making out and grabbing butts in public, but I'd say holding hands and pecks here and there are acceptable. Maybe talk to him and get his opinion on PDA- point out a couple and mention how cute they are and ask his opinion on it.

Hopefully he takes some initiative in PDA as well. It could just come with time when he feels comfortable to act more like a couple in public, especially if it's a new relationship. Patience is a virtue!

• My boyfriend always shows affection in public and I hate it.

I would rather be able to go down the street without being grabbed hugged kissed etc.

Sometimes it can be TOO MUCH especially when with our friends!

holding hands laughing and joking wee hug maybe but that's about it for me. there's a bed for the rest of it haha

but everyone is different.

Why not hold his hand. stop him and give him a kiss and see his reaction

• I don't go crazy with PDA in public either, I think it's just inappropriate for those around you. Holding hands or hugging when you're close in line for something is okay in my opinion but kissing and groping each other is just a no-no. Just do what feels natural to you and it'll feel normal in no time.