Did I scare him away??

I have been talking to this guy here and there for the past few months. He always tells me how he really likes me and how he can really see his self dating me. He tells me he's never met anyone like me. When we are together we really enjoy each others company. He recently told my friend that he really likes me, but he was gonna back off. He says he isn't ready to settle down and he doesn't want to hurt me. I don't understand why he told her and not me. I've never brought up dating or getting serious to him. He always brings this topic up. I really enjoy his friendship and would like for us to remain friends. Did I do something to scare him away? Has he found someone new? Does he really like me or is he trying to let me down easy?

What Guys Said 2

• If he was talking to your friend about you, he likes you. As to why he's backing off... Could be a strategy to get you to make a move (sounds like he's tried to already). If you want him, do something. If not, he'll move on to other interests soon enough.

• Just like he said, he's not ready to settle down and doesn't want to hurt you, that's why he told your friend, rather than you. He just wants someone to do stuff with, without really wanting to be with that person forever. He knows you like him, and he really likes you too, but he's not ready to be with just one woman for the rest of his life yet.

What Girls Said 0