Is it bad to let a guy spend the night in dorm room on first date?

I know the guy pretty well, but is it bad to let him the spend the night in the bed with me until the next day? (First Date)

Most Helpful Girl

• Go for it! Haha, one of my best guy friends I actually met at a sleepover! We cuddled and fell asleep with each other, and then we became friends after that. XD At least you've known the guy for more than 5 hours!

• So you were just friends after that? :/

• Haha you have to know my group of friends... we are a cuddly bunch of people. :)

• Lol I understand I know some friends who are like that lol.

What Guys Said 2

• I wouldn't do anything like that for a while. Even if you don't actually do anything, that's moving too fast, and it will jeopardize your chances of a long-term relationship.

• So wait how does it jeopardize a long term relationship?

• Some people get freaked out by things that were their idea. I'm not saying he'll definitely freak out, but it's better to take things slow. This is only your first "real" date, after all.

• Well this makes a lot more sense on why he wants to take things slow then.

• Go for it

Live and learn

What Girls Said 3

• I wouldn't suggest it...Even if ya know him well, it's just a bit strange I think..Wait a bit, by that, I don't mean another night.

• if you feel like it, I don't know why not. I understand why people would advise against it, though.

• I don't know if I should make a decision based off of what I feel...I'm inexperienced when it comes to guys in this sense.

• live and learn

• Yup - if you want it to go anywhere, don't do it. Guys are all for the chase. Trust me, I've been there.

• Really. Even if we aren't going to do anything. He lives an hour and a half away?

• Yea I wondered that if the guy would get tired of chasing, but if he really likes me then he shouldn't get tired.

• Just be careful, yeah? And keep your clothes on. I've known many guys who completely loose respect for a friend they're just 'staying over' with when things get 'in the moment' and clothes come off.