Women: do you prefer tall or strong guys?

I just found Girls Ask Guys. It looks like an interesting resource. I became a member to ask this question:

Women, would you prefer that your men be strong or tall? Which one is the better value? Just curious. Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls ask Guys is an amazing website, I really love it...

If I had to choose, I'd say tall, because I'm pretty tall, (5'7-8"), so I'd rather he be taller than me...but It'd still like to feel safe when I'm with him, and yet too much muscles=obsessed with self. :P But honestly, I don't care that much, I used to like a guy who is tall and lanky and I couldn't care less that he doesn't have any muscle, at all. And I have a crush on a guy who is strong (not body builder strong) and shorter than me. (like an inch) (PLUS, he's younger by a year...) I hope this answers your question...It depends on the guy, well toned arms are always a turn on and so are broad shoulders, but if the guy doesn't have them, I'll live with it. ;)

What Girls Said 38

• Im physically attracted to tall men. Being 5'8 I prefer if a guy is 6'0 and taller. Bonus points if they are over 6'2. But that's just a general preference. Strength is also desirable to a degree, but a built man of 5'7'' isn't going to make up for his lack of height. The same goes for a tall man who is lanky and has no "meat" on him. neither are attractive.

These are just phyiscal attributes that I find attractive, but in the long run height or strength doesn't make up for a lack of personality and other good characteristics that are essential to make a relationship work.

• For me, tall. I'm 5'9 and I like feeling like the woman, so I usually go for guys that are at least my height, but usually a bit taller. That's probably the only physical feature I'm that picky about.

However, I'm not shallow, and I have dated guys shorter than me. It isn't a huge issue, just a personal preference.

• Well, my husband is 6'6", and due to the Army training and PT and being undefeated in Combatives...I'd have to say I got both ends of the deal :D

• both?

he doesn't need to be the hulk but muscle is definaltly nessesary.

but if I had to choose TALL

im 5'7 and not many guys my age are much taller than me, I wanna feel small next to somebody after a day of being the tallest girl in my group of friends

• Tall. Because, I really don't care that much about how strong a guy is, because no matter how strong he'll always be stronger than me and that's all that I want...

So a really tall guy is what I'd go for! :D :drool:

I'm not tall at all, so that's always been a fascination for me, and a kind of a fetish! xD

• Tall, because usually strength is the ability to carry their own weight right? So, since they're larger, technically, they would be stronger also because of a larger muscle mass (no matter if they work out or not). And because I'm pretty tall, I'd rather date a tall guy ;)

• i like the tall ones, mostly because I'm only 5feet 3inches

strong is good too but I can't stand the guys who look like body builders, that's kinda gross

• Well I guess it depends cause honestly I don't like really strong guys... like huge muscles... but I don't like super tall guys or super short guys. I mean obviously if they had a great personality it wouldn't matter... but I guess in between's the best... but if it was really tall or really strong... I'd pick tall

• If I HAD to choose I would say tall..

but I like them both

• It is more half and half. I would rather a tall guy, but I would not want a skimpy weak tall guy. I would also want a strong guy, but a strong guy can be very short. I really don't lean to one side. I want both.

• I'd want a guy who's at least slightly taller than me, I'm 5'7. I'd want himi to be strong enough so that I'd feel safe when he held me, but not to the point where he looks as though he works out 24/7 and is on steroids. that's just not attractive to me. For me at least strong arms are the hottest, abs are a plus but those are def second to arms and shoulders

• Since I'm tall myself

I'll go with tall men

because most men have this 'strength' to em anyway

[very attractive for some reason...]

but I would like my guy to taller

• STRONG! I need a man I could wrestle with :D

• Well anthropologically speaking taller men are preferred it all goes back to evolution taller men were seen as better protectors even now taller men are still preferred in all kinds of cultures even our presidents were tall not bush though. Me I prefer slightly muscled and medium height .Sorry for the lesson I am an anthropology major and we were just talking about this in class.

• can I pick both? I love tall guys...but weak guys are gross...so yeah both. or strong...but not too strong. you know what? girls never know what they want anyway.

• umm either?

if he's tall and I like him great!

if he's strong and I like him ...great!

im not going to go oh I'm more into tall men but he's not tall, even tho we get on great and I'm attracted to him..see?

but some girls are totally superficial! and go nup I can't go out with him unless he has X,Y and Z

• I go for tall/strong guys...but ALL guys are taller than me hahaha. So I'm definitely going with strong. Plus, my biggest turn-on is a guy who is protective! strength is a necessity :)

• I normally like tall guys, but their personality is what I fall in love with.

Guys that are really skinny don't get me hot.

• 5'10 and strong is better than 6'3 lanky and weak.

Strength is definitely sexy but if the guy is too short then it's a turn off.

• um strong I guess

im too short to have a really tall guy, it would bother me

• I prefer strong guys...

• i like a guy whose taller than me only because when he hugs me I feel safe, I like them to be a little strong so they can put up a fight between another guy but not to strong where they become cocky. for me its all about feeling safe

• I like average to tall guys. Their shoulders are broad, their abs are lean, and their long legs are huge turn on's. :)

• both ? lol

• Strong more than tall because I don't want a tall skinny,boney,lengthy guy...thats not attractive to most women I think lol! But anyways I'd rather feel protected by man rather then just feel short lol!

• Tall, generally tall guys have an alright amount of strenght.

• Tall. Very tall. =)

• tall.

• Tall guys because they look too intimidating to be messed with.

• that's a weird choice. but I'm crazy about tall guys!

• More from Girls
    8

What Guys Said 3

• now, from a purely physics standpoint, wouldn't the added leverage and mass you get simply from being tall translate to being strong?

• I seem to be agreeing with you a lot WeaponZero. Must be the motorbike thing. I'm a tall (6'4) thin guy (not skinny)... and I can beat a very muscly short guy in a fight any day. Reach is the key... they can't get near me. So if it's the 'safety aspect' they are all going on about I don't get it.

Having said that I do get it in a way... what people perceive and what's reality are two different things. For some stupid reason my brain try's to tell me all blonde girls are dumb. So not true.

• You would think but short people have less of distance to go when picking things up, the less distance the less energy needed. so relativly speaking short people have the potential of lifting the same or even more weight but it is easier because in stead of picking it up 6 feet they only have to go 5. sorry weaponzero but its okay I prefer tall men anyway lol :)

• How about in the wild, lets say a bear confronts you, your best chance would be to put your arms in the air to look taller than the bear and be more intimidating now a short guy is gona have a higher chance of getting mauled to death.

• man do I feel bad for all the little people and midgets out there, talk about instant discrimination!

• God help me. I'm 5'7