What does this text mean? I need guy translation

He wrote "I really do like you as more than friends but I'm just unsure of myself and everything...not sure how to be normal around you." Does this basically mean he's not into me?

I think he means that he wants to hook up but there's no chance of a relationship. Or else he's just letting me down gently?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think that's what he's saying, I think he saying that he likes you but he's not truly a hundred percent confident/sure of his self and being around you is hard for him to remain normal. Like he's nervous when he's around you and wants to work on that.

What Guys Said 3

• He feels onsecure around you, maybe your very pretty? Or older than him? Make more money? For whatever reason, he needs your reassurance. NOt many guys would be this honest about needing reassurance; I think that's a good sign.

• He likes you. He is shy. He is unsure if you are interested too.

• He is scared of messing up.

Either way, take a chance! =D

What Girls Said 3

• It sounds like he's into you but maybe he doesn't trust himself when he's around you? I've had a similar encounter , instead of the guy feeling that way it was me. And I broke off whatever we had because I didn't trust myself emotionally and phsyically with him. Knowing I hadn't set any boundries in my previous relationship, really screwed with the way I view myself and the way I should feel/do in a relationship.

• he's having a hard time relaxing and being himself around you and that's because when he's with you he's over thinking everything. He doesn't know how to stop this and it's making him uncomfortable and he doesn't know how to fix it.

I don't take it that he wants you as a hook up and nothing else...unless there's more to this story. it's that last comment that leads me to believe that it really is more about him than it is about you and that he does like you.

• He's saying he doesn't want to date you. This is his way of letting you down but putting the blame on himself instead of you so you won't be as hurt