They called them crazy when they started out, said 17's too young to know what love's about?

is 17 too young an age to know about love? Is it naive to think your in love at 17? I was wondering, I don't believe it's too young but I could be wrong. Please share thoughts.

Most Helpful Guy

• i got a sister that started dating a guy in the 7th grade,they had some rocky spots between the ages of 17 and 22 ! but ! they just celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary :D and it seems the relationship is getting better and better...

What Guys Said 7

• It's not too young to know what it is.

It is too young to be able to realistically do anything about it.

• I think, at the moment you know what love is for you, not for others you know what love is. I know 13 Year old kids who have an impressive knowledge about love. If you feel love, its love ;)

• Seventeen is not too young to think you're in love. Actually LOVING a partner, now that's something else.

• Love doesn't exist.

• it's too young to know the responsibility to go with it

• Yeah, at 17 you're too young to know what love is and it's naive to think you're in love.

But as most people can tell you, it's almost impossible to convince a 17 year old of this fact.

They have to learn it for themselves when they get older, and look back at their childhood (Yes, 17 is childhood still.)

• Maybe for girls - it could be ... I don't know

I am a guy and I don't know what love is ...at 18 years too lol

At this moment , I am attracted to girls only sexually .. I don't know what love is and that is fun .

What Girls Said 5

• Honestly... at first I would think it is. But after I thought it through and placed myself back when I was 17, I have to say no, it's not too young. Love seemed so much simpler then. We didn't care about if this person is financially independent, has a good job, no kids, etc. If we cared strongly for this person, that was enough. Falling in love back in high school was like feeling as if you were in a fairytale. It was so pure then.

I definitely could be wrong, but that was my experience then.

• For me, it depends on the individual, their experiences, their emotional capacity and a whole lot of other factors to determine what they are really feeling for another person. You can't make a blanket statement about a whole group of people because not everyone is the same. I know adults that still don't know what love is as well as teens who embody the definition. So, I guess, like anything else - it depends on who you are, where you are, and what life serves you.

• I think that love as a teen and sometimes even as a young adult isn't the same as the love you have when your older. I think the older we get and the more experiences we have it makes us grow and our definition of love grows with us. I never knew what love was and what it was all about until I was 23. I use to think I know what love was but I was wrong.

• I don't think it's too young, but if one of my friends runs up to me and says their in love my first thought "Please >.> it'll be over in a few weeks"

• yes because you don't know anything yet. you haven't had enough experience