Got my first date with this girl at the weekend but she's so much more experienced than me. Any pointers?

In fact this is basically my first date ever, never had a girlfriend, and I know this girl has dated alot. I'm 23 and she's 20. I really like her and don't want her to be dissapointed with me, though I do think she knows I haven't dated before. I'm nervous that's all!

Most Helpful Guy

• Just relax. You can do it. Think of your date as hanging out with a friend--all you're basically doing for it to be successful is have some friendly conversation with a little flirting thrown in. And if you're worried about the flirting part, there are a few things that will help:

1) It may just come naturally the more you relax. Sometimes the more you think about it, the less you're able to do it.

2) It will be easier if you have this mindset: "Let me see how cool she is--let me see how much fun I could really have with her" NOT the mindset "I hope she likes me; I hope I don't screw this up." (This point is maybe the most important. Don't worry about her being disappointed--that's none of your concern! Your only concern is to go out and have fun--and of course, see if she's fun enough for YOU.)

3) Google the term "cocky funny" to get some good examples of the type of conversational flirting a lot (but not all) girls respond to. You don't even have to memorize or use some of those examples, but read them and try to put yourself in that playful, confident mindset. DON'T be afraid of saying the wrong thing to her or making light jokes.

4) Maintain good eye contact with her and good posture. That will show her your confidence and can be a form of flirting all by itself.

And that's it; hopefully that's not overwhelming for you. But keep those things in mind on your date and you'll be fine.

What Girls Said 1

• Okay, so can I just say that you are literally my male counterpart? Not even joking right now, but I was on a date with a 23-year-old but 6 nights ago, and it was basically my first date ever. Of course, I could hardly call what was in retrospect a poorly initiated booty-call a date; nevertheless, I find myself in a very similar predicament! When he made a move on me, I felt totally blindsided and had no idea how to react. For the record, I turn 20 in 3 weeks, so the parallels that can be drawn between are situations are almost creepy, haha. The guy, who for the record I'd never actually date, was far more experienced than I am, but I'm sure that women react differently than men do to a partner's lack of experience. I'm sure she'll be turned on by the fact that you're innocent (I totally don't mean to be condescending, but I'm sure that's how she'll see it). To find a girl who is marginally attractive and inexperienced is somewhat common. But to find a guy who's 20 and somewhat aloof to the whole dating scene? That’s actually really charming. If you want to gain a greater understanding of how irresistible you are to an older, more experienced woman, just watch Prime with Uma Thurman. You’ve got this one in the bag, my friend!

What Guys Said 1