Girls- When a guy asks you to coffee..

I worry that asking a girl to coffee is going to be seen as a "weak" date.

Granted, the girl in question is aware I'm attracted to her, so is her saying yes to this one on one encounter a decent sign that she's also interested?

Most Helpful Girl

• You know, "coffee dates" are actually one of my favorite dates to go on, especially if it's for the first time / the guy and I haven't been on too many dates to begin with. So I don't think it's a "weak" date at all. If you think about it, I actually believe that it's a pretty clever way to go and is also pretty fail-safe as well. With coffee dates there's less pressure than "dinner dates" and you're not expected to be dressed to the nines or anything like that. The atmosphere that it creates is also great since it tends to be more laid back and casual, which often times can help put both people at ease when it comes to their nerves. It also allows for both people to really engage in conversation, which is great since you don't get that with a lot of dates (ie. "movie dates") or other ones that are more activity-focused (ie. mini golf). Anyways, to sum up, I have a lot of female friends that feel the same way as I do in regards to going for coffee with a guy, a lot of them feel like it's more friendly and welcoming than other date activities per say.

As for your second question, if the girl in question is aware that you're attracted to her like you say, then from my perspective I think it's safe to guarantee that there's at least some mutual feelings on her end as well. So if I were you, I'd definitely take it as a positive sign. I'm not saying she has a definite crush on you or anything, but I think she's open to the possibility of you as potential relationship material if everything goes well and you guys click, or at least for the time being, a guy who she wouldn't mind going on a few dates with.

That's just my two cents :). Good luck on the coffee date though!

What Girls Said 5

• There really is no such thing as a "weak" date. Or at least not in my life. A date is a date whether it's walking down the street or going to some fancy restaurant. Don't worry about it. You're just stressing out over nothing! For your other question I do think it's possible that she may be. If she knows you like her and have accepted the offer then there must be something inside her that shows she's willing.

• so any 1 on 1 with an interested guy would be a "date", so long as they aren't a platonic friend?

• In my opinion yes it could very well be. There are no sure fire way but yeah in general I rate so.

• I'm going to skip over the question about whether coffee is a 'weak' date or not. As for your other question, it's hard to say whether this is a definite sign that she's interested. I myself have gone for coffee with guys who I have suspected are interested in me, but I'm not interested in them. You don't mention how well you two know each other - maybe she's meeting you for coffee to get to know you better. Or, maybe she is interested! After coffee, ask her out on a second date, and gauge her reaction. If she seems at all hesitant, it's probably a no-go. If she's all for it, then I think that's pretty good sign that she likes you.

• I wouldn't consider that a "weak" date at all, if it's a guy I'm interested in - I'd love it.. it would be great one-on-one time as well. A "weak" date would be asking me to hang out with him and a bunch of friends (that I don't know), a coffee date is more personal and a cute idea. (:

• Coffee dates are great! Coffeehouses are usually really calm environments so you can both relax and just talk.

• It's not a weak date. It is a "pre"-date. You are asking the girl to go for coffee to see if you want to shell out your time and cash for a real date.

• Oh I see,

So would her saying yes be a fair indicator that she's interested?

• Yes she seems interested, stop worrying and let things flow, geez

• lol, yes. Even -Darling agrees. you see. =P

What Guys Said 2

• Sometimes a weak date is the only kind she'll accept...a 'heavy' date proposal might turn her off.

Go for it, especially since she knows you're interested.

• There's nothing weak about a coffee date; people who meet online do that all the time. You want to keep the first few dates relatively low-cost anyway, since you're just getting to know each other. If a girl accepts a date with you, that's a VERY decent sign that she's interested.