Advice on this relationship please?

Me and this girl have been talking with each other for a while and it was obvious that we liked each other. Well today we both admitted to liking each other so I asked her if she wants to be my girlfriend and she said yes and that is great. What she said next is what kind of surprised me. She said "but don't tell anybody about this OK especially my parents. We will say it at the right time." Advice on how this relationship can work out since she wants it to be secret right now?

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with Jaycutler. That seems to be the most logical explanation. I would keep things as normal as I could, just keep doing whatever you have been doing and when she is ready she will tell her parents. Maybe you should ask her next time you hang out to have the straight answer, after all the best thing about a relationship is trust. :) Then that way you won't have a bad feeling in your stomach anymore.

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe her parents are really strict about her dating while in school. If you really like her, I say stick around for a bit...and if she still doesn't (at least) tell her friends about the two of you dating, then that could be a problem. At least attempt to make the relationship work first before giving up. Hope that helps :)

• give her a little time to sort things out. her parents could be strict and they might find out if other people know. hopefully she'll find a way to tell them soon

What Guys Said 2

• plain and simple..maybe her parent don't want her dating and if anyone would have find out then she might get in trouble

• That's actually fairly normal in my experience; she probably needs time to get used to the idea of having a boyfriend. Just give it a little time; she'll be showing you off to everybody in no time.