How to break the touch barrier?

So I've been texting this guy I had a crush on for like a year. and now he finally asked me out! I was so happy! and so yesterday he came over to watch a movie (our first time as a couple), we sat next to each other, but didn't actually cuddle or anything. it was kind of uncomfortable but I've never really had a boyfriend so I was too shy to make the first move. he's shy as well, but after that I just feel like stupid cause you could feel the awkwardness (if that makes sense?) so I need advice on how to break the touching barrier! another thing what should I do to be a good girlfriend? like call him cute names, examples? need help ASAP :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually don't have problems with touch barriers, but depending on what kind of person he is, you could start a poke war. Or just ask for a hug. Or lean on his shoulder. Something. He's your boyfriend, you're allowed to touch him, be the one to break the touch barrier- if has a problem, recognize it, and take it slow. But things should be fine as long as you do them confidently, naturally. if you're sitting next to him, slip your hand into his and squeeze it. When you touch him it needs to be as if it's the most natural thing in the world. If you feel awkward about it, then it'll be hard for either of you to touch each other, so at least one of you needs to be open.

What Guys Said 1

• uhhuh. the touching barrier? easy touch him. xD.

as for a good girlfriend, that totally depends on the guy. for me that is a good girl, that will stick with me through thick and thin, and is fun to be around and easy to talk to. totally depends on the guy.

What Girls Said 3

• Just touch him. I know it's awkward before the touch barrier is broken, but if you fake the confidence, it can be easy and I'm sure he'll appreciate it too. Just next time you are doing anything--watching TV, standing and talking, getting some Taco Bell--just grab his arm or hand and smile at him. The rest is cake! :D And congrats on your new boyfriend!

• I think you should just go up to him and hold his hand, maybe even whisper in his ear "hold my hand", usually guys fall for that

• He asked you to be his girlfriend? If he didn't ask you that, don't assume that you are in a committed relationship.