Does it really matter what your friends think?

If you are dating someone and your friends don't like them, does it matter? What about family? Does that matter?

Most Helpful Girl

• of course it doesn't matter, it's my decision and my life, friends or family won't tell me what to do

What Guys Said 3

• I don't frankly care.

• To some extent. If it's something stupid like race, then not really, but if it's a huge character flaw that you're missing, then you should listen.

• I think it does matter, because your friends and family can think more objectively than you if you're in a relationship.

What Girls Said 4

• I think it depends what's are their perceptions on him.If they have strong and good reason on why they dislike him then maybe I can consider and try to figure out about it.

Most of my friends are fine with my boyfriend but there are some who don't really feel comfortable with our relationship because we aren't the same race.I consider its a silly reason so I ignore it : )

• yes because maybe they see something wrong with him that you're not seeing

• yeah it kinda does becasue the guy is partially part of the family. but they should be cheering you on and look at the good stuff, not the bad.

sometimes your friends are right about the guy. like they know what position his ex's were in and they don't want you to be in that spot. just listen to your heart. if he's not the right guy, there's plenty of others.

• It shouldn't matter because it's YOUR life and you should be able to be with the person you like/love and feel comfortable. Honestly, sometimes those whom you call "friends" are not really friends. For instance, your friends can be jealous of your happiness. Now, your family, it all depends who in your family. Usually when it's your mom telling you that she doesn't like the guy at all for you, listen to her! Moms know best. You won't see it at the time but trust me later on you'll thank her. So pretty much what I'm trying to tell you is those around you whom dislike those who make YOU happy, shouldn't be around you because it's obvious that your happiness upsets them.