Ever felt like there's no-one out there for you?

Is there any hope for a 21 year old single girl who hasn't had a serious boyfriend yet? I've been told I'm attractive, some might even say pretty. I have no trouble getting a first date my personality is bubbly, shy at first but then outgoing, kind and I'd like to think sweet. Somehow I feel like there is no one out there for me because I have never had a serious relationship and can't remember the last time someone liked me in that way. This happens especially when I see everybody around me in some kind of relationship with a significant other. Is there hope, have you ever felt like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I have felt that way. I was 19 years old when I got my first girlfriend. We had a wonderful relationship for 5 years, got married, and have been married for another 10 years :)

I never "saved" myself before marriage, but wanted to. I couldn't resist and had sex with her the first year in. But since I've never left her, well as it turns out, I ended up never having sex with any more than one woman, so its pretty much the same.

People may critisize marrying the first girl I date, or not playing the field, or any of that crap, but I have had nothing but happiness. I look all around me and I see misery. We are the only happy ones at all in my field of view. If I had to do it all again, I wouldn't change a damn thing.

The good news is, there is a guy out there for you. The bad news is, you don't want to wait till you are 80 years old. Not because its hard to get another senior at 80, but because life will have passed you by.

My advice is try to be socially active. If you have a hobby, dump it. During my time courting, I had no hobby. It was just school-work-girls. It wasn't until I put the ring on that I took up my hobbies again.

I wish you the best of luck with this. My story is probably one in a million -- no, one in ten-million, but however it pans out just remember this tip:

Relationships take work. Like a garden, weeds grow out of literally nowhere. If you don't go out in your garden and pull them every day or every week, the weeds will overrun your garden. Problems come up in relationships, and you got to sort them out and have you both feeling good at the end of the day. Keep working on them. If you let your garden get overrun, the relationship will be over.

Good luck!

• Thaks, I'm glad everything worked out really well for you :)

What Guys Said 1

• If you are really looking around you'll notice a lot of other girls and guys who are also single and without any prospects. Maybe the dating 'scene' just isn't for you. Try meeting p[eople in a different way, through common interests, or in a park, at a reading...

What Girls Said 1

• Eh, not in that "utter desolation" type of way, but in terms of not being compatible with someone? yeah, of course. Can't imagine finding someone who could put up with my oddities.