Who would (or should) you date?

All else being equal, who would you rather be with: someone who makes you feel totally comfortable with being yourself, or someone who inspires you to be a better version of yourself?

• I'd rather be myself.
  • I'd rather be inspired.

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I would rather be inspired to be better, and by better I mean more outgoing, because I'm pretty shy. So I want a guy who would encourage me to come out of my shell a bit and help me be more comfortable with myself and with being around other people without cowering away a little bit and being so quiet. However, I don't want a guy who is deicieving me into thinking that I need to change myself as far as my values, or the more important parts of my personality, besided shyness. I want to be able to be true to and comfortable as myself, but be challenged to be a better person in places where I could really use it.

• I completely agree! I'd definitely want to be challenged in a relationship. :)

• Yes! Not that I feel I have to do a 180 to be with him, but I don't want to feel that I don't have to work to be in the relationship either, because that would not make it interesting or exciting.

What Guys Said 2

• Obviously a combination of both, but in general more supportive of me than someone who pushes me into something I might not like. Basically pushing me towards what they know are my goals when I need the push, but I generally push myself OK. Some things would be nice to have help, but ya.

• When I was younger I wanted someone who would challenge me and help me to grow. Now that I am happy with the kind of person I am I want to be with someone who makes me feel like I'm at home. I want to be with someone who I'm comfortable with and who can see past my flaws and who almost feels like family.

What Girls Said 4

• I already work on improving myself. All I want from a relationship is contentment and trust. I'm yet to find it. So that is a challenge in and of itself. No need to pile on more.

• Hmmm I'd like to be with someone who makes me feel comfortable early in the relationship...once we became more comfortable with one another, we could then challenge each other to try new things...to be "inspired."

• totally comfortable with being myself because that's not an easy thing to achieve

• In my experience, when you become comfortable around someone, that comfort itself is inspiring and makes you want to be a "better version of yourself". I didn't vote.