Am I being unreasonable?

I love my girlfriend very much, and she loves me too.

However, recently a guy from her work has wanted to spend time with her one on one to 'hang out'.

I don't know how I feel about this, to be honest, I don't like it, I don't want her spending time one on one with another male is that unreasonable?

I mean I TRUST her, but it is more that I KNOW with another guy its never innocent in his mind. He will likely be looking for an angle.

Is this an unreasonable request? I don't want to be overbearing or controlling.. But I know she would comply with me..

What Girls Said 1

• Hey buddy. No you are NOT being unreasonable. You are being wise. I certainly wouldn't like it if another girl wanted to hang out with my boyfriend even if I do trust him! I am not gonna convert you but may I bring Christianity into this? I am going to take that as a yes. It is NOT honorable for a woman to hang out with a man that she is not in an intimate relationship with. You stand your ground. If she wants to hang out with him, then you question her priorities. I mean, what are you? A doormat? Only a doormat would say to his girlfriend "Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaah baby you can hang out and sleep with ANY guy you want". I am not saying that she shouldn't have male friends, no no no. She can have male friends as long as 1) You are with her, 2) With a group of friends. That's how I would treat my boyfriend. Also, coming from a woman, I will say that women are vulnerable creatures that will suck up anything a guy says to them and begin to love him. Then sooner or later, she will start comparing you to him.

I do hope I have helped buddy.

Kind regards

Noora

What Guys Said 1

• If that man had no intention of interfering on your relationship, he wouldn't care to go out with you AND her, in a demostration that he likes her as a friend or something alike. It should be obvious to her.

Have a word with her without pressuring, clearly exposing your side. If you really don't want to "overbear or control" her, she will figure out.