Are blind dates reserved for the desperate?

I'm in no way desperate for a boyfriend but I would love to meet someone new that could escalate into a possible relationship. I'm hopeless when it comes to dating, it just very rarely happens for me. If I ask to be set up would I appear desperate?

thanks for the comments guys :D

Most Helpful Guy

• IMHO, people who get set up a lot have one problem - they're shy.

Guys I know who are antisocial and have crap jobs and are in bad shape, nobody sets them up. Guys I know who have a decent job, can be fun, but are shy, everyone wants to set them up, because they actually think it might WORK.

What Guys Said 4

• No , neither is internet dating desperate , it just techniques of meeting people and it actually makes it a lot easier.. I don't see anything desperate in it , however a lot of people do , because they are stupid.

• blind dates are for people who want to go on blind date for what ever reason they feel motivated for doing so.

• I don't see why that would be desperate. If you said, "Set me up with any guy. I don't care what he's like." Then it would be desperate.

• Can you tell me what do you mean by blind date ?

• just being set up with someone Iv'e never met. I don't just mean blibd dates, just being set up for some fun and to meet people :)

• I guess its cool and I would like to have it someday . You should try it too but I guess its a bit dangerous for girls because some guys are bad

What Girls Said 2

• Of course not. Even if you don't get a boyfriend out of it, blind dates can be a great experience. You get to go out, meet someone new, have some conversation, and practice your dating skills. Like everything else in life, you'll never know until you try, and you might have a really great time!

• No... blind dates are to see new things, make new friends, try new things and to seek new opportunities :)