How do I get a boyfriend?

I am 26 years old and never really had a boyfriend. I am attractive and attract a lot of guys but they aren't relationship material or there is no chemistry. I just moved to a new area where I have no family and its hard on me, Because I feel lonely alot. Making friends has been really hard. I meet guys but it never goes anywhere , its hard to meet someone who is average looking and where there is chemistry. I am not that picky. I have tried dating sites, bars, clubs, met guys while doing errands ( such as a tire change, car service, shopping), still nothing. How do I find a good man, I am so tired of being single, and it would be great to have someone close to me. Making girlfriends has been a struggle also.

I am not thinking bout marriage yet, just want a partner in crime. I get tired of my boss always saying " what's wrong with you, you are a pretty girl, why have you been here a year and still single"

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like you've got high standards, try to give some guys who want to "know" you a chance, they might turn out to be someone special

• no, they are all either unattractive, players, or not intelligent. I am really not picky

What Guys Said 2

• i'm in the same boat except I'm a guy

• I am having the exact same problem from the opposite from the guys side of things.

I wish I knew the answer to your question.

But besides that, my best guesses are the following:

You are either not really that pretty

or

You present yourself in a non open or defensive way so the right guy will not come up. Hence players will come up no matter what.

or

Your standards are too high.

I do not think it is the first or third, so maybe you do not give the right guys hints to hit on you.

What Girls Said 2

• You need to go out more often and join group activities like language classes, group sports, going to the library, volunteering, etc...actually you can find good people out there and you can also make great friends. It worked out for me.

• have you tried asking a guy out?