What are the do's on a first date?

I always see questions about first date don'ts such as talking only about yourself, texting/answering your cell phone, wanting sex, etc. but what are the do's on a first date?

Obviously asking the other person about them self and showing interest is a do but what else is there?

Guys and girls - what do you look for the other person to do on the first date? Actions, place(s), conversational topics, etc...

Most Helpful Guy

• Either pick her up or meet her there, don't have her pick you up.

Make sure you are dressed for the occasion.

Choose a date to make yourself stand out from the crowd. Search for interesting date ideas on the internet, or if she is the type of girl that tends to date cheap losers, take her out to a nice dinner. Be sure to let her know what the plan is so she can dress accordingly.

Ensure you are properly groomed. Be VERY thorough with this. Pay special attention to the face and hands.

Open doors for her, but don't make a show out of it, make it natural. If she opens a door for you, thank her with a smile.

Have some ideas in your head for conversation topics in case there is a lull in the conversation.

Ask open ended questions.

Ask her about things that she will like to talk about. This should be common sense, but some people just don't do it.

If there is food involved in the date, eat with manners, and go ahead and eat a normal amount of food, don't skimp. Your date doesn't want to eat more than you, and yes, women do think of that sort of thing.

When it comes to paying for things:

If you asked her out, you're paying. Many women will offer to pay or split the check as a matter of pride, but don't actually expect you to accept the offer. So if she offers, politely decline. If she INSISTS on splitting it, then it probably isn't an act and you should consent to avoid offending her. If she INSISTS on paying, compromise by splitting the check.

If she has asked you out, you should still try and pay, but if she offers to pay or split it, accept her offer.

Regarding the whole kissing thing, there are only two right ways to do this in my opinion. Either you go for it if you think the date went well and you think she wants you to, or if you aren't feeling it, you warmly smile and politely say goodbye and then walk away. Don't linger, don't hug (that's what friends do), just walk away with a confident stride.

When the date is over, play through it in your head. What did you talk about? Did she mention anything you should remember? She will be impressed if you remember her pet's name or some other small detail.

Call her the next day, I know some guys advocate waiting a few days, but if you played your cards right she should be anxious to hear from you. Tell her you enjoyed the date and that you should do something again soon.

What Girls Said 14

• Well I think there are different ones for men and women. Generally though always have good manners and show your best side. A few compliments here and there. Clean clothes and a pleasing appearance of course and remembering to make a great impression. Also goodnight kisses are pretty nice. The important thing to note is that an expensive date does not equal a great date.

• DONT :

ask for sex.

try and kiss her

talk about an ex

be to nice and act obsessive

DO:

show intrest

walk to bus stop or walk home

say somethink nice about how she looks

and text her after asking if she got home okay

then text a couple of days aftr tht will keep her intrested

• Smile, look nice, be friendly, be nice to waiters, don't talk during the movie (unless it's really important, that's just a pet peeve of mine), just be polite and be yourself, the best you that you can be, no pressure if it doesn't work out you tried your best

• be very natural and relaxed I think is the best way to see if you feel good with the other person:) and I think its better to choose simple activities that both are comfortable doing nothign too crazy for first date

• Open doors, drive, ask about family and pets, ask about future plans

• Show different sides of your personality and don't be boring

• Do's? Just be yourself and see if she likes you. If you have to work very hard to keep her there.. Its wrong. In some level, it has to be easy. :)

• I would want my date to make me laugh and to have a good time the whole time.

• Be nice.

• Do you know what I did on the first date? I basically cuddled the guy and we talked about our interests.

• Ask about interests and present your own

• I love guys but I'm only 16

• I actually haven't been on a first date before but I'd say that it's good to maintain eye contact and keep up a conversation. If they excuse themselves then check your phone, otherwise, put it on vibrate.

What Guys Said 4

• Be fun and have fun. That's it.

I found it fun to convince our waitress or waiter that we're on a 1 year anniversary, even if it's our first date. It helps set the mood... it invites us to pretend we've been together for a long time AND it lets me see if she's able to have fun.

How about the "Quesetions" game... here are the rules..

1) You can ask the other person ANYTHING. That's why it's fun. There's no boundaries. But you can't ask a question that's already been asked.

2) You can't lie. It's okay if someone doesn't want to answer a question, just don't lie.

3) She goes first.

And your first question can be, "How many women have you had sex with?" to which she'll laugh and say, "HA! None. How many women have you slept with?" to which you can say, "Oh, rule number 1... you can't ask a question that's already been asked!" with a wink.

The reality is that there's no real "rules" around dating.

The goal is to find out if the other person is cool or not. Don't waste ANY time trying to sell yourself... it'll come across as needy or awkward. Instead enjoy meeting HER and learning about HER. Become curious and fascinated with who she is. Even if ultimately you're not attracted to her you can STILL really enjoy getting to see who she is... her insecurities, her strengths, her cute subtle body shifting when she's nervous, etc.

Feelings are infectious so the more fun you allow yourself to have the more fun she'll be infected with.

The goal of the date ISN'T to fall in love and it ISN'T to sell yourself.

It's simply an opportunity to meet someone you don't yet know.

Leave all future decisions, like another date, for AFTER the date when you've had time at home to think about it. Don't think about it on your date. Don't be distracted... stay "in the moment."

Have FUN and let us know how it turns out...

~ Robby

My blog ( link )

• Do's: take her to hotel
    Dont: never eat out

• Be normal!

• manners are a must