How to avoid awkwardness if I ask her out and she says no?

There is this girl that I'm going to ask out very soon. I'm pretty sure that she likes me, but on the off chance that she doesn't, I don't know how to avoid the sure-fired awkwardness that would ensue. She is a freshman in HS and I'm a senior, plus the fact that we've become good friends recently; I wouldn't want our friendship to go away just because she thought I liked her. So any tips on how to avoid or maybe just diminish the duration of the awkwardness would be much appreciated =)

Most Helpful Girl

• dude, things are only awkward if you make them awkward. if she says no, don't act any differently than you had before.

What Girls Said 3

• easy. Don't make it a "date" date. go bowling. Have coffee. Don't even call it a date, call it "killing time". You guys are friends, and if she likes you, this will have the same effect as a date, only she will get to talk to you more without feeling awkward. I don't like the idea of dates where you go somewhere fancy and the only thing you are thinking the whole time is "I'm on a date, I'm on a date" and you forget to be yourself.

• just say alright then and move on. don't make it a big deal because it's not

• Don't ask her out, ask her if she wants to go somewhere with you fun, if she says no, then say, "oh OK I'll just ask another friend," if she says yes then that's great. Answer mine? link

What Guys Said 1

• The girls right. If you act awkward it will be awkward. But I know where you coming from if you think its going to be like that wait until you know you have a yes question as I call it a question that you know you will get yes out of no matter what..Good luck bro